Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: COVID-19 and Mental Health

Truly, that's the unfortunate thing about humans. What does it take for us to wake up that we are only here for a while?

I think some people will never get it and will only realize when their time is up.

Yup, that's why we need to do what we can to help others and to love ourselves and the people around us. As long as we're not harming anyone, I say we continue on with our lives as meaningful and happy as we can. We never know how long we still have.

Quote Originally Posted by Althea Hamby View Post
    I think some people will never get it and will only realize when their time is up.
    You know, there are people who, even on their deathbed, believe that they did everything right in life and they would not want to fix anything. Situations such as the current COVID situation show the essence of many people very well. Of course, it is morally very difficult to survive the quarantine, but this is aggravated by the swinish behavior of those who are always right (in their own opinion).

Quote Originally Posted by Kay_B View Post
    You know, there are people who, even on their deathbed, believe that they did everything right in life and they would not want to fix anything. Situations such as the current COVID situation show the essence of many people very well. Of course, it is morally very difficult to survive the quarantine, but this is aggravated by the swinish behavior of those who are always right (in their own opinion).
    Sadly, there are those. We can never be the same as everybody else. So it's the thing that we cannot control. I just hope that people would still act with compassion.

At first, this whole thing was scary as hell. Maybe it's because of the movies about the zombie apocalypse. Everyone went nuts. I had to admit I kind of had anxiety, too. However, later on, I realized I'm only making things worse by panicking. I stopped visiting social media and watching the news on TV 'cause everyone's like this is the end and all is just horrible. After several months of focusing on myself, I felt better.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12