Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lakes for Fishing around Christmas

Default Lakes for Fishing around Christmas

So, I've got the all clear to go fishing any day around Christmas/new year. Any suggestions for a Lake for me to go to that just stocked or is going to stock trout near Arcadia?
    P.S: would rather stay away from anywhere crowded though.
    EDIT: Looks like City lakes are getting some fish, which city lake would you recommend?
    Last edited by FISHISH; 12-08-2020 at 03:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FISHISH View Post
    So, I've got the all clear to go fishing any day around Christmas/new year. Any suggestions for a Lake for me to go to that just stocked or is going to stock trout near Arcadia?
    EDIT: Looks like City lakes are getting some fish, which city lake would you recommend?
    Peck road park
    Legg lake
    Santa fe dam
    Puddingstone

Don't forget your license.

Quote Originally Posted by Theos View Post
    Peck road park
    Legg lake
    Santa fe dam
    Puddingstone

Don't forget your license.
    I would love to go to Santa Fe dam. Will check out the others you mentioned.

Any suggestions for a Lake for me to go to that just stocked or is going to stock....?
    What we have here is an old fashioned fishing paradox. Wanting to fish lakes that have just stocked, and recently stocked lakes being crowded, but not wanting to fish crowded lakes.

In any case, people usually check the stocking list: https://nrm.dfg.ca.gov/fishplants/

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    What we have here is an old fashioned fishing paradox. Wanting to fish lakes that have just stocked, and recently stocked lakes being crowded, but not wanting to fish crowded lakes.

In any case, people usually check the stocking list: https://nrm.dfg.ca.gov/fishplants/
    That's why you don't chase the truck, just go fishing.

Quote Originally Posted by Theos View Post
    That's why you don't chase the truck, just go fishing.
    But if they just stocked, I'm definitely gonna catch a fish.

Wow am I really that bad? Can never guarantee to bring a fish (or sometimes only a pic), even the day after a stock. Everyone around after a stock seems to be catching though so I gotta keep learning.

Wow am I really that bad? Can never guarantee to bring a fish (or sometimes only a pic), even the day after a stock. Everyone around after a stock seems to be catching though so I gotta keep learning.
    It's not as complicated as it seems! Start with light line, 2 pound test is a good start. Now when it comes to bait their is only 3 choices. 1. Powerbait and the 3 best colors are corn, chartreuse with garlic and natural light green with garlic. (dip in garlic helps too) 2. Night crawlers blown up and dipped in garlic too and artificial's. 3. Mini jigs or powermice. Colors on the Mini jigs are white or chartreuse. As for the powermice, you only need 2 colors. Pink and white and orange and white. (dip them in garlic too) If you have all this stuff, their is no way people around you will be catching and you won't! Lol
    Last edited by etucker1959; 12-13-2020 at 11:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    It's not as complicated as it seems! Start with light line, 2 pound test is a good start. Now when it comes to bait their is only 3 choices. 1. Powerbait and the 3 best colors are corn, chartreuse with garlic and natural light green with garlic. (dip in garlic helps too) 2. Night crawlers blown up and dipped in garlic too and artificial's. 3. Mini jigs or powermice. Colors on the Mini jigs are white or chartreuse. As for the powermice, you only need 2 colors. Pink and white and orange and white. (dip them in garlic too) If you have all this stuff, their is no way people around you will be catching and you won't! Lol
    Great tips! There's no way one would be going home empty-handed!

Lol thank you sooo much. What brands/types of mini jigs would you recommend? Also do you jig your powermice or just carolina rig it?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast