Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: It's Trout time in your Local parks!

Default It's Trout time in your Local parks!

Starting this week, both the DFG and the Orange County parks are starting to stock trout in your local park lakes. (check their schedules to see if your local park is getting stocked this week)

I thought the stocker trout caught the Covid and DFG halted all stocking?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    I thought the stocker trout caught the Covid and DFG halted all stocking?
    Nope the DFG found some trout some where and the OC parks got their permit approved to import trout from Idaho!

WOW, so you are saying that we might catch some state stocked trout this year!!??

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    ... import trout from Idaho!
    Now that's cost efficient, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    Now that's cost efficient, I guess.
    The Tail Walker trout had been stocked in Southern CA for many years. Those came from Nebraska, so this isn't that unprecedented! For those who are wondering why they have to import trout from out of state. Trout are kinda in short supply in CA, so they have to get them where ever they can!
    Last edited by etucker1959; 12-08-2020 at 08:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    The Tail Walker trout had been stocked in Southern CA for many years. Those came from Nebraska, so this isn't that unprecedented!l...!
    I thought those Taliwackers usually got bought by private lakes. I remember the ads that tried to lure (no pun intended) fisherman to their lakes. Remember when they used to stock "steelhead?"

Or perhaps the designer trout would be a one off county stock? I thought DVL would get county stocks once in a while? You could tell because the trout were bigger than a Snickers bar.

But the DFG spending a dime and throwing a bone to City Parks? 2020 continues to be surreal....

Quote Originally Posted by FISHISH View Post
    WOW, so you are saying that we might catch some state stocked trout this year!!??
    If so, that is great news! What a great way to end the year!

Im Going to check out Reseda park lake today hopefully there is trout