Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: FS: Never fished Shimano 16 Aldebaran BFS baitcast reel

Default FS: $299 - 4.56ounces. Never fished Shimano 16 Aldebaran BFS baitcast reel

I purchase this brand new from Japan. (Receipt is still in the box.)

It is my first BFS reel that I wanted to cast trout magnet. I immediately put an aftermarket AVAIL spool on it. I put UL line on it, and did two sessions of casting on it and realized that BFS at this $ level is not for me. I never fished with it, and only test casted to see what the fuss on BFS was all about.

This things is a feather at 130 grams or 4.6 ounces. If you are into BFS, I'm told that it is one of the top baitcast reels.

So I put the original spool back on it and here it is FS. The ONLY flaw is tiny scratch on the handle when I thought about installing a carbon fiber handle on it and put a tiny scratch on it. Otherwise, this reel would be considered new. The original spool has never even seen an inch of line.

Includes all original box, papers, two oils etc. I'll throw in a Carbon Fiber handle if you want it.

$299 FIRM. This is a killer price and you can't find one cheaper anywhere in this condition.

Pick up in the San Bernardino area. Cash only.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Ultralight; 12-04-2020 at 06:37 PM.

What's the line capacity on these bad boys?