Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Lake Hemet 11/23-11/24

Default Lake Hemet 11/23-11/24

Went camping/fishing near the dock to the left of the pontoon boats. Saw a couple of people catch but overall pretty slow and only got one bite (brought him up to shore but had net problems and lost it). The water level is very low because they drained it. Was fishing with Carolina rig with a 18 in. to 24 in. leader. A couple poles were rigged with chartreuse power bait and the rest with nightcrawlers blowed up.

Quote Originally Posted by FISHISH View Post
    Went camping/fishing near the dock to the left of the pontoon boats. Saw a couple of people catch but overall pretty slow and only got one bite (brought him up to shore but had net problems and lost it). The water level is very low because they drained it. Was fishing with Carolina rig with a 18 in. to 24 in. leader. A couple poles were rigged with chartreuse power bait and the rest with nightcrawlers blowed up.
    It's a shame that the lake has been lowered. That comes as a complete surprise to me. The low water has probably hurt the fishing. I am not sure how the fishing would be this time of year, anyway. I usually go sometime during the warmer period from April to October.

Thanks for the update hope you have a better camp out next trip.