Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Trout 1st time of season at Dixon

Default Trout 1st time of season at Dixon

Went to Dixon in Escondido on Friday after the opener on Thursday. I guess Thursday was wide open fishing early. So I arrived early, but still maybe 40 cars in front of me. No chance to rent a boat, and all good shore spots taken. Went to the North Dock where know one fishes because it's not a good spot.
    First cast son catches a 1 lb on a mini jig. That was it for any bites for us the rest of the day. No more bites on mini jigs,, spoons, power bait, mice tails, or the bobber fly method. In fact most people struggled even people in boats. Did not see anyone around me catch. However there was a little cove with trout in it with 30 people fishing it, not my cup of tea to fish like that. Also it got hot at like 7 am!!
    Last edited by sodapop; 11-24-2020 at 06:24 PM.

We considered going until we saw them stock only 3,000 pounds! That lake is too big for that amount of fish. When it comes to the opener, are you guessing they bit or do you know?
    Last edited by etucker1959; 11-25-2020 at 11:11 AM.

On the opening day they said the bite was great early and then tailed off.

Quote Originally Posted by sodapop View Post
    On the opening day they said the bite was great early and then tailed off.
    That's good to know. I'm planning on going to the opener at Lake Wohlford, but fish from shore. So I want to make sure they will be hungry! Lol