Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fishing options this year?

Freshwater is much more convenient and relaxing for me.

no ruined poles/reels from saltwater corrosion and no rusty gear.

Quote Originally Posted by FISHISH View Post
    Did you do to Hemet today? my friends are pressuring me... need to buy them gear cuz they only have bass rods. i hope to know if the trout are cooperating. Lol
    I went back to Friday's honey hole and did ok again. However, my friend still went to Lake Hemet and caught 4 trout and many small Carp.

Quote Originally Posted by FISHISH View Post
    no ruined poles/reels from saltwater corrosion and no rusty gear.
    if you take care of your gear
    no rust
    you ware it out

i still use a 60 year old penn long beach 66 reel for surf fishing only modification over the years has been washers and brakes
    and years ago i decided i didn't need the brakes and picked up an extra 50 yards of casting distance

as far as relaxing try being surrounded by dolphins or whales 50 miles from the closest other person or watching the sunset go electric and light up the ocean

Some good advice, learning is the key thing it seems. I have been fishing for 30 years and always seem to be humbled every time I think I have it figured out. Caught one bass on a drop shot at LNL yesterday. A fishing buddy and some confidence would probably help more than anything.

Quote Originally Posted by twin22s View Post
    Some good advice, learning is the key thing it seems. I have been fishing for 30 years and always seem to be humbled every time I think I have it figured out. Caught one bass on a drop shot at LNL yesterday. A fishing buddy and some confidence would probably help more than anything.
    Did you see the Carp fishermen there yesterday? They had a block buster day on Catfish! (including an #15 pounder)

Quote Originally Posted by twin22s View Post
    Like Forrest Gump said "Fishing Is Like A Box Of Chocolate, You Never No What Your Gonna Get".

Becoming a better fisherman isn't really that difficult. The most effective and timely strategy is to find those who are in the Know. I have been fishing for the past 50 years (I am 55 years old). One would think that I should be very knowledgeable. To some degree I am. However, over the past 12 months I have learned a lot by simply reaching out to people in the know on websites like Fishing Networks. I have the privilege of saying that ETucker is a great friend of mine. Reached out to him on this website a few months ago and have spent my free time fishing with him and his friends over the past year and boy have I learned a lot. The beauty of this arrangement is that I get share one of things I love most with others who enjoy not just catching fish but the experience of new adventures and learning new ways to do this thing we call fishing. Like learning how you fish local city parks for epic catfish bites or spending endless days and hours waiting on that one bite for that monster 50LB catfish. Also learning how to fish on a budget and the many options available to all of us in LA and Orange County. So don't be to shy or stubborn to reach out to others regarding fishing 101. You may find yourself pleasantly surprised by what you learn and the new fishing buddies you have found.

RC

Quote Originally Posted by chatmar View Post
    Like Forrest Gump said "Fishing Is Like A Box Of Chocolate, You Never No What Your Gonna Get".

Becoming a better fisherman isn't really that difficult. The most effective and timely strategy is to find those who are in the Know. I have been fishing for the past 50 years (I am 55 years old). One would think that I should be very knowledgeable. To some degree I am. However, over the past 12 months I have learned a lot by simply reaching out to people in the know on websites like Fishing Networks. I have the privilege of saying that ETucker is a great friend of mine. Reached out to him on this website a few months ago and have spent my free time fishing with him and his friends over the past year and boy have I learned a lot. The beauty of this arrangement is that I get share one of things I love most with others who enjoy not just catching fish but the experience of new adventures and learning new ways to do this thing we call fishing. Like learning how you fish local city parks for epic catfish bites or spending endless days and hours waiting on that one bite for that monster 50LB catfish. Also learning how to fish on a budget and the many options available to all of us in LA and Orange County. So don't be to shy or stubborn to reach out to others regarding fishing 101. You may find yourself pleasantly surprised by what you learn and the new fishing buddies you have found.

RC
    PS

ETuckers reports are truly legit. He tells it like it was. Good, bad or Epic.

Thanks ETucker for all if the adventures and Master Plans!

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    I went back to Friday's honey hole and did ok again. However, my friend still went to Lake Hemet and caught 4 trout and many small Carp.
    do you happen to know where?

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    Did you see the Carp fishermen there yesterday? They had a block buster day on Catfish! (including an #15 pounder)

lol so LNL is that not so secret honey hole...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast