Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Trout fishing

Default Trout fishing

With all the talk of light lining for trout. 'Trout are line shy'. 'Use 2-4 lb line'.

I am getting older and find it hard to tie knots at 2-4 lb mono even 6 lb mon is tough for me.

My question is-
    Has anyone tried Flouro carbon line with trout? any success?

This way I can still use 8-10 lb line and it supposed to be invisible under water.

Am I going in a good direction here or totally off the mark?

Anyone?

A-I-T

Ya give it try or buy some reading classes like I had to do old eyes suck.
    give it a try and let us know how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by drifter023 View Post
    Ya give it try or buy some reading classes like I had to do old eyes suck.
    give it a try and let us know how it goes.
    I have good luck tying line with a small magnifying glass. Inexpensive also if you lose it

That heavier line size will greatly affect how your lure/bait presentation is offered to a wary trout. Or pretty much all fish.
    Fish the lightest line you can for best results.

Dude, my eyes took a crap on me as of this year too. Light line and low light conditions just plain suck. I am gonna break down and get cheaters.

Here's a good read regarding the invisibility of FC:

https://activeanglingnz.com/2016/01/...rocarbon-myth/

Have you tried coloring the section that you're tying off? Making it more opaque might help. You can then rub off the color after you tie off.

Or they make 'high vis' line that you can try as well:

From experience, I haven't noticed any change or reduction in takes or bites by using these super visible lines, and in fact, when tight line nymphing, they serve as great indicators.

I'm sure you can find some of these stateside:

https://fishing.sunline.co.jp/english/line-top/

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post

Have you tried coloring the section that you're tying off? Making it more opaque might help. You can then rub off the color after you tie off.

https://fishing.sunline.co.jp/english/line-top/
    This is actually good.

I've used fluoro and it has been fine - BUT - keep in mind it sinks as opposed to mono. Size 22 trebles with tiny balls of Power Bait can be overcome by the weight of the line and sink to the bottom as opposed to floating above the bottom. BUT given your original post regarding difficulty in knot tying light line, I suspect extremely small hooks are not part of the problem you are dealing with, but just throwing it out there. - john

How about 2 lbs test floro? it tends to still float for me... maybe cuz my powerbait ball are too big. LOL