Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Perris 10/21/20

Default Perris 10/21/20

New pontoon boat first run barely saved from skunk. Launched about 9:30 into pea soup fog. Putted out to the buoy line and waited along with several other boats. Fog lifted eventually and day was as good as it gets. No wind, warm, water a mid to upper 70s. Spent my time learning the boat and electronics, and a little time trying bass. Thank goodness I took some wax worms so wife could catch bluegill. If not for bluegill the skunk would have got us. There were a few fishing boats out, but only a couple of jets and skiers. One fella said he caught five bass, very small. Loading had some issues with the trailer, but no new (to me) boat first run is operator flawless. Really enjoyed the boat, wife thinks we should have gone pontoon years ago. Stay safe.

eah, kool we got a pontoon two years ago love it all setup for fishing do silverwood and Havasu a lot. When loading pontoon do not put trailer to deep in water or it will float off of trailer.
    What did you get we got suntracker 20' fishing barge from basspro. Got everything mounted on the rails with scotty rod holder so you can move pole holders all around the boat plus a bait cutting board.
    Last edited by drifter023; 10-22-2020 at 09:08 PM.

We have a 2018 Ranger220 F Reata. We are the third owner. First owner set it up with all the bells and whistles, second owner had it for only a few months then decided to go back to a bass boat. I am surprised and thankful she fishes so well, and my wife likes the boat much more than our Nitro. Trailering is not as easy, but I will learn.

If you do not have these on the trailer add them help a bunch. And do not dunk trailer to deep might have to hand crank the last few feet up with the winch.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	post.jpg 
Views:	257 
Size:	46.8 KB 
ID:	52914

Actually do have them. They were the problem because they were canted in toward the center. I did not know that was wrong, and the seller said it was that way to guide the boat from an angle into the straight alignment. After looking at the problem, I moved the guides out as shown in you picture then, all good. I do appreciate all the advise. This is a leaning experience.

One more thing I did to help was wrap tape around the front rail that is lined up with ladder on the front does help to line up when loading back on the trailer.
    But loading in the wind is never fun or in the river with current I hate loading in the river with current flowing.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tape.jpg 
Views:	203 
Size:	33.1 KB 
ID:	52916

Great suggestion thanks