Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: How I Prepare & Store My Whipping "Spin Casting" Okuma Rigs!

Default How I Prepare & Store My Whipping "Spin Casting" Okuma Rigs!

What Is A Whipping "Spin Casting" Rig?

A term used referring to spin casting. To some it looks like "cracking the whip", thus whipping. This is probably the most popular form of fishing in the Hawaiian Islands & is practiced Worldwide under different names & slight variations. Anglers can use grubs to bait & flies. Cast assist devices range from lead eggs to water filled "tough" bubbles to the very popular Hammer Bombs (a local adaptation of a modified golf ball).

Over the years i've videoed myself whipping to outlining my whipping leader set-up. Recently i've been asked how i ready my rod & reel for whipping. Depending on how serious your desire to be an angler is you can just slap that reel on a rod and away you go. But i tend to get up at 2am & decide i'm going fishing & it's out the door. I keep ready made dry bags & leaders ready to go at a moments notice. And also ready made dunking "bait casting" to whipping rigs.

https://youtu.be/QTY8ODOXfS8
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-10-19 at 7.10.10 AM.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	22.7 KB 
ID:	52902