Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Side Mount A Breakaway Canon!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Side Mount A Breakaway Canon!

Cast Your Lures & Baits Safely & Much More Smoother!

For those that have a Breakaway Canon, i found that mounting the unit on the side rather than the suggested "under the rod" will create a cleaner release resulting in attaining greater casting distance while using braid. Recently a second person approached me mentioning this. I've been doing it for almost a year now so decided it's time to share this little nugget.

I'll show you how i properly mount the unit by using electrical tape since it leaves little residue. The unit really doesn't improve the casting distance of monofilament line, only braid. The canon tip replaces the tip of your index finger while casting. No more cuts. And you can really put everything into your cast so expect reaching greater distances as compared to using your finger. I use the Canons for bait casting from shore to popping plugs.

https://youtu.be/DPDmBJfr1qg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8316.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	98.7 KB 
ID:	52875  

Sounds great! I'll give this a try.

Your advice is really interesting. I'll have to try. Islenta at home is, I use it in the household, a universal piece. I myself often encounter the fact that the bait falls somewhere in shallow water, close to the shore. As you understand, you can't catch big fish at such a depth. If there is a way to throw further, you need to use it.

When using braid this will save your finger! And it'll increase your casting range as well.