Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Big Kokanee

Default Big Kokanee

Big Kokanee Salmon reside in Kalamalka Lake and Wood Lake which is attached by a canal has some great fishing as well. I have been fishing these lakes for about 20 years now and have enjoyed learning how to kokanee fish each of them. Wood lake has higher numbers of fish and a limit of 5 kokanee with great catch rates. The fish are very willing to participate even with new fisherman. Kalamalka on the other hand is a trophy kokanee fishing destination where the fish are less cooperative and the smaller shore spawning kokanee can interupt your search for larger fish if you don't target them specifically. The limit on Kalamalka lake is 2 kokanee a day and the limit on Wood lake is 5 kokanee a day. The provincial limit for kokanee is 5 kokanee so no matter what you CANNOT keep more than 5 kokanee a day of which only 2 can come from Kalamalka. So while fishing in this video I started on Kalamalka and caught two great sized kokanee, then headed to Wood lake for three more fish to top off my 5 fish limit. I have checked with a conservation officer regarding the legality of this and he states it is all legal to do. Make sure you hit Kal first though so you don't get caught out there with too many fish.

Do you go fishing for one day or stay for several nights? I am thinking of going for a week or even 10 days, but I need a tent and a sleeping bag. I looked at the tent here https://homemakerguide.com/best-tents-for-camping/, I compare the options. Can you tell me what kind of tent you took if you go fishing with an overnight stay?

I stay with my parents in their 5th wheel trailer. No tent.