Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Full Video of what turned out to be fishing Lake Crowley

Default Full Video of what turned out to be fishing Lake Crowley

Just got back from fishing the Sierras. Trip went pretty well. I used the GoPro 9 with the chesty mount. Used the Max Cam for the 360 shots. Let me know if you can tell the difference. Drone shots provided by the Mavic Pro 2.

Fishing on the Hobie Pro Angler 14

Enjoy the video!

*** If you haven't done so, please make sure to sub to channel***

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAl9...ichaelGuerrero
    Last edited by WARRIORMIKE; 10-01-2020 at 08:13 AM.

I read your post today. I can't believe I'm the only one to reply. I think this site must be dying!
    anyway, thanks for the Post! I'm 70 years old and have had some physical issues since February and have been laid up at home. I only check in ever so often now because of their hardly being any posting.
    finally, I got to go fishing through your video and thoroughly enjoyed myself as if I was in your kayak with you. your video was quite excellent so you obviously know what you're doing and it had everything except the smell of the wet mud. I also enjoyed the little part about your camping meal preparation. personally, I've never used a marinade on a steak. if you don't mind could you say which marinades you used? and how long did you put the steak in there? or do you just put it over the steak like a pancake syrup?. I have one more question and that is how did you rig up your fly rod for fishing at yucaipa lake? or if it is too long to describe could you draw a quick picture and then send it on this site? to be honest, I've never seen anybody using a fly rod on the shoreline at Irvine lake or Santa Ana River lakes! I have a fly rod but haven't had much luck with it.
    through your name I have been watching your other posts and have enjoyed them all. anyway, thanks again for your post and I hope I can get out on the water again soon!

Quote Originally Posted by sandtrout View Post
    I read your post today. I can't believe I'm the only one to reply. I think this site must be dying!
    anyway, thanks for the Post! I'm 70 years old and have had some physical issues since February and have been laid up at home. I only check in ever so often now because of their hardly being any posting.
    finally, I got to go fishing through your video and thoroughly enjoyed myself as if I was in your kayak with you. your video was quite excellent so you obviously know what you're doing and it had everything except the smell of the wet mud. I also enjoyed the little part about your camping meal preparation. personally, I've never used a marinade on a steak. if you don't mind could you say which marinades you used? and how long did you put the steak in there? or do you just put it over the steak like a pancake syrup?. I have one more question and that is how did you rig up your fly rod for fishing at yucaipa lake? or if it is too long to describe could you draw a quick picture and then send it on this site? to be honest, I've never seen anybody using a fly rod on the shoreline at Irvine lake or Santa Ana River lakes! I have a fly rod but haven't had much luck with it.
    through your name I have been watching your other posts and have enjoyed them all. anyway, thanks again for your post and I hope I can get out on the water again soon!

Glad you enjoyed the video. It was fun to film as well as fun in post production too. I'm more happy that I had fish to post in the video. That first day was looking grim.

For the marinade I use "Chef Merito" carne asada meat marinade, which was purchased at Stater Bros not Food for Less. However I suspect most stores will have this. Then I used seasoning from Lawrys, again a Carne Asada seasoning. A pinch of salt on both sides and course ground black pepper. I marinaded it the night before I left and ate it the next day. Med cooked, so it wasn't over done. I let the meat rest for about 5 minutes and enjoyed from there. On the marinade I only used enough to cover the meat. I did not drown the meat because I wasn't taking the meat in a container. I wrapped it very tight in plastic bag and tinfoil.

For flyfishing Yucaipa and park lakes I mostly use midges on a strike indicator. Floating line and maybe about 8 ft leader. I will use a wooley buggers if I see the jig guys whacking them next to me. I typically use a bugger with no bead head. When I fished Crowley it was different. Sinking line and bead head to get deeper.

Glad you enjoyed. Hope you subscribe to my channel as well.

Best to you amigo!

thanks for the reply but even more, thanks for the detail of the reply.
    I found the marinade at Albertsons!
    I am not particularly computer cognizant... what does it mean to subscribe to a channel? I mostly use a Kindle and have not seen any box to check for subscription.

I'm playing through your videos for a second time and writing down questions for later.
    right off the bat, what kind of real are you using on your fly rod?

thank you for your time and patience!

Quote Originally Posted by sandtrout View Post
    thanks for the reply but even more, thanks for the detail of the reply.
    I found the marinade at Albertsons!
    I am not particularly computer cognizant... what does it mean to subscribe to a channel? I mostly use a Kindle and have not seen any box to check for subscription.

I'm playing through your videos for a second time and writing down questions for later.
    right off the bat, what kind of real are you using on your fly rod?

thank you for your time and patience!

To subscribe to a channel is when you go to the "subscribe" button on my channel and press it. Then click the bell icon so you will get notifications to any future videos I post.

Glad you found the marinade. Good stuff for sure

With the reel, I used the white river reel from Bass pro and another bass pro fly reel. It was on sale. My buddy loves Hatch Reels. Those are a bit out of my price range, will consider those reels for heavy duty salt water fly fishing though. I just dont do enough of that to justify the price. Buy what you can afford.

Nice vid Mike! Thanks for sharing.
    I'm a newb to FF myself. Took the Orvis 101 class and bought some gear. Just need to give it a shot and get out there. Would love to try the Owens river some day soon.
    I primarily fish DVL / Skinner for Stripers (troll a white fly). Thinking of trying a fly set up on these two lakes....just need to gather more intel and tie a few flies.

HI Mike, I enjoyed your video and I did subscribe. Thank you for all your efforts filming your outings.
    Tight lines,
    jig-guy / Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Jig-Guy View Post
    HI Mike, I enjoyed your video and I did subscribe. Thank you for all your efforts filming your outings.
    Tight lines,
    jig-guy / Bill

Thank you for the sub. Fishing has been tough for me lately. Working on some footage to put out soon.

Quote Originally Posted by EL JEFE View Post
    Nice vid Mike! Thanks for sharing.
    I'm a newb to FF myself. Took the Orvis 101 class and bought some gear. Just need to give it a shot and get out there. Would love to try the Owens river some day soon.
    I primarily fish DVL / Skinner for Stripers (troll a white fly). Thinking of trying a fly set up on these two lakes....just need to gather more intel and tie a few flies.

Thank you for watching. Best thing to do is to get out there and only fish with the fly. Best of luck to you amigo!

Love the drone shots! Great job.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast