Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: You should see Irvine now!

Default You should see Irvine now!

I was there just a few weeks ago and it was way down. Now it's 2 Lakes!!!!!!!! Yes their is a land bridge between the East end and the Main lake! So the fish in the flats are trapped like Rats in a trap! But before anybody goes down there I must warn you, "it has 25 feet of quick sand between the lakes edge and solid ground!" So be carefull and try to figure something out, before you think you can walk to the edge without getting stuck in the mud half way to the lake. Is their fish to be caught there? Yes their is, I had 4 good bites but didn't even try to set the hook. I had no idea how you get my 50 pound catfish from the lakes edge across that quick sand! Lol It was just like a Warner Bros cartoon trying to figure out how to get the fish from lake across the quick sand. The GF wouldn't go for a rope tied around her waist as she fought her way across the quick sand to net my 50 pound catfish! (Bad Girl friend who won't risk her life for my PB catfish!) Lol I'll let you know if we can figure something out!
    Last edited by etucker1959; 09-29-2020 at 11:47 AM.

it's all a political ploy
    the county could force the water district to vacate their claims at any time with emanate domain

as the lake slowly deteriorates beyond repair the county does nothing
    electorate can say we tried

and tell you they really wanted to have a 5 star fishing and recreation park
    but it is the water district those rat bastards just won't cut a deal
    the water district is a private holding

they only vote on the board of directors

the supervisors are elected
    organize with social media and core groups of outdoor and fishing organizations
    and i would think 50,000 signatures might increase their efforts and cause them to find the funding to reopen ,refill and rehabilitate the lake

while all they want is for the lake to dry up

Its posts like these (thanks capoisok) that reassure me that I made the absolute best choice of moving to AZ back in 2013. Born and raised in LA, went to USC, had family, friends, and connections from all walks of life. Why leave? My FISHING! I need it in my life. Unabated. Now....AZ isn't the greatest option, I KNOW. 7 years in, and I can write a dissertation on AZ's shortcomings. However, I was sold on AZ without a doubt when I went fishing for the first time with a friend at Canyon Lake here in AZ after moving out here, APR of 2014. It was nearly sundown, we caught a ton of fish, and I asked him, "hey don't we have to be off the lake before sundown?" and "won't the ranger ticket your truck?". He looked at me like I had asked him to sleep with his wife! He looked at me like he wanted to fight me on the boat. He replied, "why the **** would we leave the lake when some of the best fishing is about to begin". Soooooo, I explained the whole CA get off the lake by sunset rule I grew up fishing by. He couldn't believe it. Shocked. Baffled. I'm proud to be from CA. But when he said that CA is a ****** up state for an outdoorsman-- I agreed one million percent with him. He went on to say we can ******* "LIVE" on this lake and fish for a solid year if we opted to. Fishing License and and an annual Tonto Parking pass is all ya need. Imagine, growing up fishing Castaic like me as a kid and always wishing you could fish lonnngggerrrr, when you saw that sun starting to descend past the dam???? Experiencing decades of "get your *** off the lake and out the parking lot" drive-bys from the sheriffs and wardens at CA lakes. It was at this moment, on Canyon Lake in AZ, on APR of 2014, that ******* dreams DO come true. The sacrifices/shortcomings of living in AZ are blown away to mars when comparing the angling experience to what I've known prior in CA. It has been ALL worth it. Haven't looked back. Fishing is supposed to be a Stress Reliever, not a Stressor.

I say this to hopefully inspire someone who loves fishing as much as me. Believe this, if you are tired of the way CA treats you as a fisherman, bliss is right next door. You deserve better.

I once asked a buddy when fishing Lake Nacimiento up north when we had to be off the lake, and he laughed his a$s off. It's too bad we can't have that around here....

Quote Originally Posted by CL SmooV View Post
    Imagine, growing up fishing Castaic like me as a kid and always wishing you could fish lonnngggerrrr, when you saw that sun starting to descend past the dam????
    Can you imagine all the yayhoos risking your life and theirs at night at Castaic, or any local lake? If there are morons during the day, imagine during the night? The coroner might as well park their white van at the launch ramp every night to save them the trip!

I'm all for 24 hours at our local lakes, and letting Darwin sort things out, personally.

Its posts like these (thanks capoisok) that reassure me that I made the absolute best choice of moving to AZ back in 2013. Born and raised in LA, went to USC, had family, friends, and connections from all walks of life. Why leave? My FISHING! I need it in my life. Unabated. Now....AZ isn't the greatest option, I KNOW. 7 years in, and I can write a dissertation on AZ's shortcomings. However, I was sold on AZ without a doubt when I went fishing for the first time with a friend at Canyon Lake here in AZ after moving out here, APR of 2014. It was nearly sundown, we caught a ton of fish, and I asked him, "hey don't we have to be off the lake before sundown?" and "won't the ranger ticket your truck?". He looked at me like I had asked him to sleep with his wife! He looked at me like he wanted to fight me on the boat. He replied, "why the **** would we leave the lake when some of the best fishing is about to begin". Soooooo, I explained the whole CA get off the lake by sunset rule I grew up fishing by. He couldn't believe it. Shocked. Baffled. I'm proud to be from CA. But when he said that CA is a ****** up state for an outdoorsman-- I agreed one million percent with him. He went on to say we can ******* "LIVE" on this lake and fish for a solid year if we opted to. Fishing License and and an annual Tonto Parking pass is all ya need. Imagine, growing up fishing Castaic like me as a kid and always wishing you could fish lonnngggerrrr, when you saw that sun starting to descend past the dam???? Experiencing decades of "get your *** off the lake and out the parking lot" drive-bys from the sheriffs and wardens at CA lakes. It was at this moment, on Canyon Lake in AZ, on APR of 2014, that ******* dreams DO come true. The sacrifices/shortcomings of living in AZ are blown away to mars when comparing the angling experience to what I've known prior in CA. It has been ALL worth it. Haven't looked back. Fishing is supposed to be a Stress Reliever, not a Stressor.

I say this to hopefully inspire someone who loves fishing as much as me. Believe this, if you are tired of the way CA treats you as a fisherman, bliss is right next door. You deserve better.
    What you said is all true about freshwater fishing outside of CA. However, this is a simple fact, CA is basically Beach Front property and you've got 1,000 miles of coastline and many island to fish! So isn't Beach front property and mild climate always comes at a premium price? Tell me how the Tuna fishing is in Arizona? Lol

Yo DS, crazy thing is, I feel safest on these AZ lakes at night compared to during the day. Two logical reasons, (1) most of the bass dudes and rec boaters out here are scared of the dark, self-admitted, and (2) the bass yahoos who do come out at night are superior and safe boaters. I learned from a really good boater out here in AZ with decades of night fishing experience in FL glades. Thankful for it too! I now go out at night a ton with a good spotlight and GPS routes turned on my Lowrance, particularly in the summer months because you cant fish during the day. It's pretty easy to navi a night once you do it a few times. Plus, the big girls come out at night, Caught 3 night time DD's out here during strip club hours. I have had entire lakes to myself at night. It's fulfilling.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    I once asked a buddy when fishing Lake Nacimiento up north when we had to be off the lake, and he laughed his a$s off. It's too bad we can't have that around here....

Can you imagine all the yayhoos risking your life and theirs at night at Castaic, or any local lake? If there are morons during the day, imagine during the night? The coroner might as well park their white van at the launch ramp every night to save them the trip!

I'm all for 24 hours at our local lakes, and letting Darwin sort things out, personally.

Tuna fishing is nice out of SD! That's our option here. Sweet drive along the 8 and I'm on the schools soon as they cross the border if I wanted their attention. Been there done that. Premium Price???? That's debatable. When the heat kicks our *** out here, we have Sedona and Rim Country. And Rocky Point too to get all the beach we need as well. Yep, not CA, but enjoyable nonetheless. There's something for everyone in AZ with regards to freshwater fishing. Bass, Crappie, Trout, and Flathead Cats at Bartlett Lake that are bigger than the average 10 y/o. Even our local park plants outdo any park lake plant I've taken my daughter to back in CA. And once the water hits 75, the majority of lake lice disappear too! If you're a salt angler, you gotta stay in CA, no doubt. But if you switch hit, with freshwater getting the majority of your casts, AZ is a no-brainer.

P/S 1000 - 160 = CA Shoreline

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    What you said is all true about freshwater fishing outside of CA. However, this is a simple fact, CA is basically Beach Front property and you've got 1,000 miles of coastline and many island to fish! So isn't Beach front property and mild climate always comes at a premium price? Tell me how the Tuna fishing is in Arizona? Lol

Tuna fishing is nice out of SD! That's our option here. Sweet drive along the 8 and I'm on the schools soon as they cross the border if I wanted their attention. Been there done that. Premium Price???? That's debatable. When the heat kicks our *** out here, we have Sedona and Rim Country. And Rocky Point too to get all the beach we need as well. Yep, not CA, but enjoyable nonetheless. There's something for everyone in AZ with regards to freshwater fishing. Bass, Crappie, Trout, and Flathead Cats at Bartlett Lake that are bigger than the average 10 y/o. Even our local park plants outdo any park lake plant I've taken my daughter to back in CA. And once the water hits 75, the majority of lake lice disappear too! If you're a salt angler, you gotta stay in CA, no doubt. But if you switch hit, with freshwater getting the majority of your casts, AZ is a no-brainer.

P/S 1000 - 160 = CA Shoreline
    We had a Hot 2 months out here and everyone and I mean everyone is bitching about it! That is probably normal summer temperatures in many many parts of Arizona! So be careful people, be careful of what you wish for, "you might actual get it!" Lol Besides Arizona might turn into a Blue State in years to come. (they probably will have 2 Democratic Senators this year in the US Senate for the first time in decades)

Yo DS, crazy thing is, I feel safest on these AZ lakes at night compared to during the day. Two logical reasons, (1) most of the bass dudes and rec boaters out here are scared of the dark, self-admitted, and (2) the bass yahoos who do come out at night are superior and safe boaters. I learned from a really good boater out here in AZ with decades of night fishing experience in FL glades. Thankful for it too! I now go out at night a ton with a good spotlight and GPS routes turned on my Lowrance, particularly in the summer months because you cant fish during the day. It's pretty easy to navi a night once you do it a few times. Plus, the big girls come out at night, Caught 3 night time DD's out here during strip club hours. I have had entire lakes to myself at night. It's fulfilling.

It’s called Sanctuary State now”
    Go Figure!!!!!

CM

True...

June to August is NOT for everyone out here in AZ. It's BAD. REALLY BAD. I call it hot-winter, where the heat keeps you in the house, instead of the cold out here. This is where night fishing rules.

However, from SEP to half of MAY its worth it out here to me. The weather is about the best in the country. In JAN, winter fishing begins with a high of 70 at times, then mid-FEB hits and its pre-spawn time and perfect 70's out on the water. Love it. Works for me.

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    We had a Hot 2 months out here and everyone and I mean everyone is bitching about it! That is probably normal summer temperatures in many many parts of Arizona! So be careful people, be careful of what you wish for, "you might actual get it!"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast