Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 18 of 18

Thread: It's going to be a Crappie year next year!

  1. #11

    Default

    Thanks for the 411 Tucks.

    Been out there the past two weekends and it has been steady pickings.

  2. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    Thanks for the 411 Tucks.

    Been out there the past two weekends and it has been steady pickings.
    Good for you! Helping people and animals creates good Karma. I had to trap and take to the Vet one of my Feral cats I look after. The exact day I released him after he was treated, I caught my PB Catfish! Lol Another thing I didn't know about the Lake was the tremendous trout fishery it's known for! The owner of one of the Local tackle shops told me it was the best trout fishery in the lower part of the state. Another thing I learned about the Lake from my Buddy at the tackle shop. It has a zero tolerance of private boaters in regards to the Mussels. You must get your boat inspected and tagged and then take it home for 30 day's of quarantine! Take it any where else and it starts over again! So no big Bass tournaments to speak of, or very many $50,000 Bass boats bogarting the Bass! Lol
    Last edited by etucker1959; 10-13-2020 at 09:45 AM.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Menifee
    Posts
    239

    Default

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen-Shot-2020-09-25-at-11.05.38-AM-1068x666.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	21.3 KB 
ID:	52892
    It will be packed and cold

  4. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sodapop View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen-Shot-2020-09-25-at-11.05.38-AM-1068x666.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	21.3 KB 
ID:	52892
    It will be packed and cold
    Wrong Native American tribes named after a Lake! We were talking about Lake Cachuma not Cuyamaca! My buddy made the same mistake! (you know how those Native American tribe names all sound a like?) Lol Please folks, no hate mail on that one! It's only a joke!!!!
    Last edited by etucker1959; 10-13-2020 at 02:24 PM.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Menifee
    Posts
    239

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    Wrong Native American tribes named after a Lake! We were talking about Lake Cachuma not Cuyamaca! My buddy made the same mistake! (you know how those Native American tribe names all sound a like?) Lol Please folks, no hate mail on that one! It's only a joke!!!!
    Sorry Etuck, my bad, the worst thing is my daughter is a senior at University of Santa Barbara. So when I visit I usually fish Stardust for rockfish and Goleta Pier. But I have fished Cachuma quite a few times. Worst my wife's parents live in Julian, so I know cuyamaca too. Don't know how I mixed them up.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Menifee
    Posts
    239

    Default

    Etuck, change the subject, I fish Dana Dwarf, every two weeks, but going on an extended 3/4 day boat out of Davies, your an Orange County guy any advice on bonita and yellowtail?

  7. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sodapop View Post
    Etuck, change the subject, I fish Dana Dwarf, every two weeks, but going on an extended 3/4 day boat out of Davies, your an Orange County guy any advice on bonita and yellowtail?
    That's funny you ask!! I'm rigging up for Yellowtail right as we speak! We are looking to go a little further South out of La Jolla to fish for those critters. Their bigger down there and are biting Yo Yo Irons and Dropper Loops. Up here it's mostly flyline baits for the Yellowtail. As for the Bonito, "I like the Colt sniper lures for the Bones!" This Season is far from over, so anything can happen.

  8. #18

    Default

    big tides coming with the moon this week

    the whole north county is holding pinner tails 4 lbs or so
    it's like being at a pay to fish place ,every cast if you find the right patty
    better hunting for dorado at least you might hang a 15lb fish

    if your yachting and can go where you want oceanside and the 181 might be your best bet
    a chance for better quality fish including yellowfin and big bones lots of bait and 74 degree purple water

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •