Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Returning My 10' Surf Rod To Daiwa!

Default Returning My 10' Surf Rod To Daiwa!

Returning My 10' Surf Rod To Daiwa!

Earlier this year i purchased 3 Daiwa Coastal Surf Rods. 10', 10.5' & 11' from Charley's Fishing Supply. The 10' & 10.5' rods snapped a foot below the tip while casting weights less then half of the rated maximum. The 11' is a beast of a rod & is correctly rated. I feel these rods should be re-rated. But i contacted Daiwa Corporation & communicated my concerns with Casey Yoern who sent me the pdf return form.

I sent the 10' rod on 12/14/17, it was received on 12/18/17. Today is 12/27/17 & i received a brand new 10' Coastal Surf Rod replacement. Took less then 2-weeks at the busiest time of the year! I'm impressed by the courteous service that Daiwa gave me. And Mr Yoern's follow-up emails to make sure everything was fine.

I'm not sure why the rod broke the way it did. Others have shared similar stories with me. I was casting weights rated less then half the maximum rated weights. So did the others. I was told Daiwa changed how the rods were made but can't confirm this. To me and some Fishing Store dealers we feel that high production models like these require humans to locate the spline or spine to equalize the stiffness of the guides on the rod. During periods of high manufacturing volumes a few misplaced splines could happen. Other concerns range from the rolled thickness of the materials used, the heating process to the unusual 1st low profile K-Guide that is purposely reversed on this 30/70 split casting rod.

I will not blame Daiwa for the breakage as these things do happen. I do applaud DAIWA CORPORATION for honoring their 5yr warranty & sending a new replacement within 2-weeks during the busiest time of the year. And a special thank you goes out to MR CASEY YOERN of DAIWA who took great care of my needs & communicated with my concerns.

I'm planning on using the rod for medium spincasting using 3/4oz lead eggs with grubs/flies. Just wanted to share this experience as it seems only 50% of these breakages results in nothing being done by the angler.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTwxQCHVG6s
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-09-24 at 5.53.23 AM.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	21.0 KB 
ID:	52860