Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Okuma Spinning Reel Under $100 For Big Fish! No Need For a Conventional!

Default Okuma Spinning Reel Under $100 For Big Fish! No Need For a Conventional!

Okuma's Big Surf 8K Update! Long Distance Line Layering Monster!

It's been 6-months since i started using Okuma's Surf 8K Spinners. I've tried all monofilament to all braid. Now i found the best line configuration at 250yd 65lb braid backing to 120yd 40lb monofilament top shot. Because of the anglers i go with i promised not to show what i've caught on these reels because it will show too much of the locations.

So far brought in sharks up to 7ft, 2 stingrays 40-50lbs, 2 GT's 20 & 40lbs & a mixed bag including Bonefish to Jacks. Let's just say i horsed in everything. The rays fought the hardest i thought.

There are many anglers out there that prefer using spinners over conventionals. Easier to cast. I've even used these reels for sliding off piers. Very easy to cast & powerful enough to handle big fish. Retails for only $99.99. Hard to beat. Soon another surf casting spinner by Okuma will be available. This one will be a high end unit under $180 but with 44lb max drag. It won't have the line capacity of the Surf 8K being smaller in size. Keep that in mind. Match your equipment for your needs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaGnMv7BdwI
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-09-23 at 7.00.26 AM.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	20.5 KB 
ID:	52859