Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Silverwood 09/18

Default Silverwood 09/18

Went out number two in line. no boils and a very slow day. saw a few caught by the buoy line but overall a dud. beautiful day and relatively unoccupied.
    Started with the ol Zara spook and ran through the rattl traps and shad raps. ended up soaking chovies til about one. Not much to report.

Thanks for the report. A slow day report is as good a a fast day report. This site is for information sharing, and your addition is appreciated.

Is the spillway running yet, last time out water was low.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by drifter023 View Post
    Is the spillway running yet, last time out water was low.

As of 9/25/20, the water is still very low.
    Zero boils at dusk. Lots of algae mats near the shore. No luck on topwater.

Hordes of litter on the shore too.

Quote Originally Posted by carpanglerdude View Post
    As of 9/25/20, the water is still very low.
    Zero boils at dusk. Lots of algae mats near the shore. No luck on topwater.

Hordes of litter on the shore too.
    Thanks for reply think I will wait for colder weather and water running plus maybe all the trash haulers will not show up.
    Sad that all the people just leave all there trash and not even care.

The amount of trash has slowly gotten worse in areas that people couldn’t normally access.illegal camping,use of fire roads without adventure pass,just strictly ignorant trash.
    Labor Day weekend was unbelievable as hwy 138 looked like a raiders tailgate party with the line going past the sushi restaurant of peopLe waiting to get in.Is there common sense anymore,if you know you have to wait in line to launch your boat,why would you show up at frickin noon then get pissed when capacity was hit at 730 a.m...
    I personally had to chew people out for bbqing on the side of 173 ....idiots,
    Just pulled over to the side of the road by 6 foot tall tumbleweeds and knee high weeds and lit a bbq.
    Unbelievable.
    Way understaffed,Chp can’t control and too many people being self entitled to enjoy the lake and cut fences and camp.
    Wonder why half the state is on fire....

Thumbs up for your report! A quiet day on Silverwood with nice weather and not covered with people sounds great to me. Next time your out there will do better and at least your doing your thing.
    Latter,
    Bill / Jig-Guy

Any body been there lately? How is the water level doing.

Quote Originally Posted by drifter023 View Post
    Any body been there lately? How is the water level doing.
    I'm planning on going soon. Sent you a PM btw.

Quote Originally Posted by FISHISH View Post
    I'm planning on going soon. Sent you a PM btw.
    Saw your pm you do have to learn your f.f. to locate the schools, anchovies center cut 1/0 or 2/0 hooks depends on size of bait. Fish move buoy line sometimes miller at times usually in 60 to 85'. In Miller they do show at 20 to 30' fly line bait with split shot will work then also troll with rapala type lure but you have to get the lure down to them. F.F. is the key to finding them plus coves off the main channel will hold them at times also but I have been there and cannot find them any where like they went on vacation.
    Hope you find them and report back if you find them or don't we need more reports on the board.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast