Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can you Burn a Lake by making a fishing report about it?

Quote Originally Posted by NFCD I View Post
    I've fished Lake Skinner for 15+ years. All it takes is one good Striper post, either by an individual fisherman or W.O.N., and the next day the line to get in is out to Rancho California. I would be OK with that, if everyone plays by the rules. The problem is that they don't. I've sat in the distance off the buoy line and watched guys load coolers with fish that are way over the 10 fish limit.
    It's even worse when the bluegill are bedding. I've seen rental boats with 3 or 4 guys in them that don't give a damn about limits.
    You want to test this theory? My buddy been going to Lake Skinner every week for a month fishing for Carp. But he keeps seeing the Stripers boiling right outside of the coves he is fishing! (so he wants to go Striper fishing now) We will go and count the boats and then write a report. You then come by a day or two latter and count the boats after the report is written on FNN. My guess, it won't change by more then 5 boats! But we won't know till we try! Care to be my Huckleberry?

You can contact CalTip and sick the DFW on them if you discover people who are violating the rules, NFCD I. I have done that.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12