Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Hitting My Childhood Bonefish "Oio" Flats!

Default Hitting My Childhood Bonefish "Oio" Flats!

The Young Jacks Made it Hard to Keep a Baited Line in The Water - Had to Walk my Lines Out!

I shot this earlier in the year when my dad was still with us. I found this spot in my teens a few miles away from where i grew-up. I'd swim out to the outer reef to dive for fish. I ended up at Straub Hospital because i came in from a dive here and was standing in the water a few feet from shore when a large conger eel grabbed my foot through my fins & tore-up my big toe. That eel followed me in from the drop-off for my fish.

This day was the first time back since my teens. The remains of the pier has fully disintegrated. I speared & hooked many Jacks "papio" here. Fought some decent Bonefish "Oio" as well. It was nice to be back after 40yrs! I looked inside my older Yi Action Camera & found this footage so i just put it together. So i'm dedicating this video to my father Wallace Takahashi. May you Rest In Peace dad.

Fishing Rigs Used-
    2- 12ft Okuma Nesika Rods (NSK-S-1202MH)
    2- Okuma Blue Azores 4K Spinning Reels (Z-4000H-BLUE)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5Dmu9bne5s
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cover1.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	19.8 KB 
ID:	52840