Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Go Get a GoPro Hero 8 Black From Costco! Why?

Default Go Get a GoPro Hero 8 Black From Costco! Why?

The Current Bundle Price is Hard to Beat!

For years i've been using a great action camera for shooting outdoor videos. The Alcove Pro Cine 4K. But when i see rain coming, or i'm out at night i need a water proof unit. If i put my current unit into an underwater casing it'll muffle the audio. So i'm in need of an action camera that is also waterproof when needed.

So i whittled my choices down to 2 units that are not only waterproof but have proven stabilization as well. If it wasn't for the Covid19 Pandemic i'd invest in the DJI Osmo Action Camera. Brand new at Best Buy for $249.99. But the local stores have sold out at that time. Also it came with only 1 battery. I require 2. Because of the countries that sells the batteries (China & Hong Kong) i knew i'd have to wait months. The Osmo doesn't have heating issues. But the front lens, of the dual lens has a lagging issue (at that time). Since then the recent firmware has corrected this issue.

I need a new action camera that comes with an extra battery. Also equipped with stabilization & has to be water proof. I then looked at GoPros but the price changed my mind. Then a few weeks ago at Costco i noticed the new display of bundled GoPro Hero8 Black units at only $289.99. Man, did i want & need one since it came with 2 batteries! So i decided to up my output on my eBay online store & even during these Covid19 times i was able to purchase a bundle pack!

I've had it for weeks but i'm waiting for a GoPro rollcage, 2-tempered glass stickers & a 128gb micro sd card to arrive from eBay. So far the glass stickers & sd card arrived. In the meantime i've figured out my daytime settings. Now will have to chart down my night settings. If i can swing it i'd still like to get an DJI Osmo Action Cam. Reviews are impressive. I like that front lens for vlogging.

But all this might be mute. Our "Governor" is announcing the new stay at home pandemic regulations tonight. Whoopee. Weeks ago he published his second Covid Mandate, then modified it. Twice. So my current settings are very close to my other units. But to reduce heat & power consumption i lowered my resolution from 4K to 1080P. That worked. Once finished i'll have extra units for my drones.

Please be sure to download the GoPro Phone App into your cell phone so you can sync your information & get the latest updates.

GoPro Website-
    https://gopro.com/en/us/

https://youtu.be/NQW8dtQwTik
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1-Pic.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	94.3 KB 
ID:	52829