Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Cutting city park lake reeds?

Default Cutting city park lake reeds?

I googled the web, but I could not find a definitive answer as to whether or not it is legal or illegal to cut reeds at a city park lake?
    So, If I was fishing at a designated fishing spot at a city lake and there were some reeds in front of me, is it illegal to chop some of it down so I could fish without obstruction?

Quote Originally Posted by BiggetyBones View Post
    I googled the web, but I could not find a definitive answer as to whether or not it is legal or illegal to cut reeds at a city park lake?
    So, If I was fishing at a designated fishing spot at a city lake and there were some reeds in front of me, is it illegal to chop some of it down so I could fish without obstruction?
    It's illegal at least in Orange County. If you read the on site rules at the parks it say's, "no disturbing the vegetation!"

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    It's illegal at least in Orange County. If you read the on site rules at the parks it say's, "no disturbing the vegetation!"
    Not the reply I was hoping for, but it’s the reply I needed to know. Thanks etucker!

I drove by Huntington Beach Park lake the a few weeks ago and there was a big area of reeds that I'm assuming the city had cut down. I'm assuming the city did it because it was way to big an area for any one person to take on. Anyway, went back by the other day and probably a quarter of it had grown back already. Those things grow faster than weeds.