Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: castaic lake is closed because this damn fire and they set up base camp there...

Default castaic lake is closed because this damn fire and they set up base camp there...

this sucks.. the lake been closed the past few days.. i went after work anyways and parked by the fire station and hiked in the cop at the road was cool and let me roll each time.. last night though on my last cast one came up and said to take off no one can be there till the fire is out.. its about a 30 minute ride from my house so i dont feel like going this weekend to get turned away especially in this heat.. but ya this sucks i been living at the lake when im not at work ect.. since the fish seem to be biting now and the big ones are out.. anyways.. gl out there.. i just had to rant some.
    ps.. for some reason im catching really fat bass right now.. and im seeing new spawned largemouth.. at the lower mainly.. i wonder if the fish are still spawning... i only have 3 years fishing for largemouth.. this year the spawn seemed to be lagging compared to my first couple.. can fish be spawning this late in the season or are they just fat summer fish.. i know they can be fat fat in summer because all the bait.. but i even had what looked like a couple males following a big fat female.. and thats only happened to me in the spawn. though ive seen others vids of them catching and fish following it.. i dont get that much here in the non spawn season.. but im too amateur to know for sure. but being that fat and seeing fresh spawned largemouth.. its trippin me out. anyways i cant wait for this fire to be done and get back out there.. maybe get one more tank before winter slows it all down.
    Last edited by jdogg661420; 08-15-2020 at 03:49 PM.

Thanks for the update good luck on your next fatty .

I believe water is a little warm
    This time of year,,,,
    Ninja time!

CM