Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Fishing Early At World Famous Waimea Bay!

Default Fishing Early At World Famous Waimea Bay!

Using 2, Not 1 14ft Rods By Okuma Fishing! Spin Casting & Surf!

Okuma's HCS (Hawaiian Custom Series) 14ft Menpachi Rod for Spin Casting "Whipping" was released last year but not many videos out there on this long distance light caster. Also the HCS 14ft Surf Rod which hasn't been released yet due to the Covid issues. I got to World Famous Waimea Bay a few hours before sunrise. I used the 14' Menpachi Rod for whipping. It got me live bait for casting my 14' Surf Rod before the first light. The Menpachi Rod i used a CHL "Oh Baby" luminous grub that temped a young Jack to strike.

Even though it was Thursday the place got crowded. Fast. I had not 1, but 3 anglers tangle my mainline because they all said "i couldn't see that long fishing rod" even though they all looked at it when they walked into my area before casting. Got to meet Bernard who gave me a live Halalu "Scad" so i could live bait my 14' Surf Rod after something grabbed my earlier live Halalu bait. By 9am i took off. On a normal work day this popular destination is sparsely occupied this early, but with no school & many on un-employment it was packed.

The run of young Goatfish "Oama" has officially started. Also the young Scads "Halalu". Was hoping there'd be more predators lurking around. I had picked-up 2 more smaller Jacks "papio" but didn't attach my filming lights yet while it was pitch black. Still it was a nice morning fishing in Paradise:)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKXsXVqV5wY
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1-Pic.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	19.4 KB 
ID:	52810