Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Bean there before

Default Bean there before

I’ve been out in the surf 3-4 times this year and at every step there were the corbina going around me, swimming between my legs, nearly beaching themselves only to slide back into the surf. NO matter how long I tried to ignore them I got to that annoying point of actually trying to target them.
    Got the Carolina rigged setup with #8 mosquito hook , the bead the flouro leader and came to one spot, dug our sand crab, and tossed it in front of the cruising beans. Easy so far, but- no interest, they are still messing with me. Tried different spots, crabs with and w/o eggs off all sizes just to watch them swim by shaking their tales at me. Well, I tried..… I cut the setup and put on LC and worked the trough for a couple of near-legal halibut. I appreciate their attention more than ever today and wish them grow big.

Then as tide came up a bit and clouds of sand appear in clear surf my LC stops just as I’m about to pull it out and I know instantly what it is. I have no hesitation on 12 lb test and solid trebles playing and watching it run more times than I expected. NO escape though: I slide in a 20” corbina and this one is going with me. I’ve only got a couple of them in the past and they are among the best fish to eat. This was confirmed at supper today.

Have fun out there.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	corbina.jpg 
Views:	239 
Size:	103.2 KB 
ID:	52789  

Nice job there see if there is a trench running along the beach there in the surf might only be a foot deep or less when the waves go out but when the waves come in they will be there.

Good job getting it with the LC.
    Sometimes you have to mix it up to find what your supper wants.

Thanks for the report,
    Robert
    <><