Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Fishing for stripers. Looking for some guidance

Default Fishing for stripers. Looking for some guidance

Finally got myself a boat. Always wanted to go for some stripers at DVL. what kind of rigs, lures, setups would you guys recommend? Where are they usually held up this time of year? Any info is appreciated. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by October View Post
    Finally got myself a boat. Always wanted to go for some stripers at DVL. what kind of rigs, lures, setups would you guys recommend? Where are they usually held up this time of year? Any info is appreciated. Thank you!
    The best Striper fishermen year round in that Lake is a guide. He Flycores for them! (Leadcore line and a fly) If you can't figure it out yourself how to do it. Hire him once and take careful notes on how he does it! Trust me it makes a difference, if you know what the experts do!

I'm with you. I bought a boat recently as well. I've been looking hard. No success.
    Would love to know what others are doing to catch 'em.
    bait type; chovies or dines? hook sizes, line weight and type, style; flyline or bb's? Areas?
    Trolling lure types? colors? Speed trolled at 2.5 or 3 MPH. Surface or downrigged? Depth? Areas?
    Any help at all would be great. A guide service may be the answer. Perhaps with someone who fishes in a conventional manner rather than with leadcore line and flys????

Quote Originally Posted by Red Lion View Post
    I'm with you. I bought a boat recently as well. I've been looking hard. No success.
    Would love to know what others are doing to catch 'em.
    bait type; chovies or dines? hook sizes, line weight and type, style; flyline or bb's? Areas?
    Trolling lure types? colors? Speed trolled at 2.5 or 3 MPH. Surface or downrigged? Depth? Areas?
    Any help at all would be great. A guide service may be the answer. Perhaps with someone who fishes in a conventional manner rather than with leadcore line and flys????
    Red lion sending you a PM

Quote Originally Posted by October View Post
    Phenix,
    Congrats on getting a boat, sent you a PM. Good luck out there.

Got your message. Thank you. Did you get my reply?

Quote Originally Posted by Red Lion View Post
    Got your message. Thank you. Did you get my reply?
    Yes, see you out there some time. Btw Greg Silks Inland guide service I used few years ago and he did a striper seminar at Last Chance B&T too.

Look for YouTube videos on flycore fishing for striper.