Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: shelter cove ca July 16, 2020 land base fishing report

Default shelter cove ca July 16, 2020 land base fishing report

The sport fishers are killing salmon. From boats, of course.
    I have been killing snappers and greenling from the rocky cliffs. The spots I fish change with the tide height. Lately, I am preferring the high tide, hour before till 2 after. The high and low tide am is not that much of a change. In other words, the high tide isn't very high and the low tide isn't very low. I think this is when the high tide works better for off the rocks fishing.
    Pieces of shrimp on a number 4 long shank double snelled hook on a dropper loop off the 50 pound braid works good with only a 1/2 oz bank sinker attached to a paper clip drop shot 10-12" from hook.

I know it is January 3, 2021 but I just have not looked at the Northern CA reports because there were none in the past. Thank you for your report and I will check this site for your posts in the future. Did you catch any fish?
    jig-guy / Bill