Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Skunked 7/3/20

Default Skunked 7/3/20

4th time out at dvl on boat, been skunked every time with not even a bite. I really have no experience fishing this lake and don’t know anyone to ask tips from so any insight would be helpful.

I’ve tried everything here. Deep water crank baits, jerk baits, soft swims baits, flukes, jigs, Senkos, dropshots, chatterbait, and spin baits. I’m not new to fishing by any means, but I can’t get a bite out in these waters.

This is just my opinion and by all means I am no expert but the lake is very full and the concept of “fishing deep” for most people is 15-20’. Your comfort for fishing 30’ “plus” has to grow. Equally import is your comfort with a graph on the bow. Next trip stay out of the 5-20’ depth range and only fish 35’ plus. Big t-rigs (minimum 7” works / 9” preferred). C-rig is also a very good search bait to find them. I have personally caught bass to 80’ on ice jigs and heavy spoons, DV bass have no issues adjusting to those depths so you shouldn’t either.

DVL_local

Quote Originally Posted by DVL_Local View Post
    This is just my opinion and by all means I am no expert but the lake is very full and the concept of “fishing deep” for most people is 15-20’. Your comfort for fishing 30’ “plus” has to grow. Equally import is your comfort with a graph on the bow. Next trip stay out of the 5-20’ depth range and only fish 35’ plus. Big t-rigs (minimum 7” works / 9” preferred). C-rig is also a very good search bait to find them. I have personally caught bass to 80’ on ice jigs and heavy spoons, DV bass have no issues adjusting to those depths so you shouldn’t either.

DVL_local
    I have been fishing around 20'. Next time out i'll give your tips a shot and try some deeper water. Really appreciate it!