Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Saturday 13JUN20 Stripers

Default Saturday 13JUN20 Stripers

Had a chance to fish with my son and his girlfriend so we went up and over the hill to Skinner to see how things were happening there. Got on the water around 7:45 the water clarity is a few feet and temp 72 on my FF. As soon as we left the docks and made our way to the lake channel metered them btwn 12-25' and we saw bait balls numerous times as well heading west. There were a lot of bait and wait boats in the main channel off the point leaving the marina, anglers were netting schoolies and the bass folks were getting them up near the reeds. We got into some action on the north side and SE corner area. We talked to a fly dude in a tracker he was getting then on lead core as well, what a great day on the water family fun and fishing.

Man Vince, what a difference a day makes. I was there Friday and it was slow for everyone. I was all over the place and never metered a bait ball. Oh well, As you found out, if you don't go you can't catch fish.

Quote Originally Posted by P.A.W. View Post
    Man Vince, what a difference a day makes. I was there Friday and it was slow for everyone. I was all over the place and never metered a bait ball. Oh well, As you found out, if you don't go you can't catch fish.
    That morning it seemed that a lot of anglers in boats were targeting right outside the marina area and left, we saw maybe 3 or 4 at the buoy line and a couple boats at the inlet. Hopefully you get em next time, water clarity is much better than big water DV. Hope to see you out at Skinner sometime, I might even try some green fish action next time my son and I go next time.

know if LMB were biting around thules? i was thinking of going out tomorrow or wed early for a half day. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball451 View Post
    know if LMB were biting around thules? i was thinking of going out tomorrow or wed early for a half day. thanks
    Yes bass are biting around the tullies.

Some seem to be doing better than others.

If you throw your favorite top water and mix in some flipping you should do fine.

I saw a picture of a bass caught last week that spit up jumbo crawdads. Might not be a bad idea to throw a creature bait with red tips.