Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Shortest session

Default Shortest session

Got to early lunch after sunny morning, but the fog made me wonder if the ocean is smooth. Got out to my recent Hali hole and it was greasy clean with little waves on incoming tide and just enough beach to walk into with old LC dangling on my surf rod.
    I was thinking about this hole since last time when I launched there on a longboard and even though the kelp on the outside was empty (fished out?) the nearshore zone was stacked with bass and I got 2 halis on back-to-back casts. I did not keep anything as it was hard enough to get out through the rocks on high tide with 9ft PU board, but a lower tide would put me into the zone from shore, so here I was.

The floating vegetation was there but the first sandy patch I got with a few clean cranks connected me on the nice load and I worked it slowly on loose drag to shore scooping some salad to go with it.
    NO hassle – and here ‘s a 25” -er on the beach 9 min into session. Instead of usual release and continuation, I grabbed it with pliers and walked back to parking lot. It was so short that the lady who asked me if fishing was good here got almost immediate answer while still on the lot.
    Cleaned, packed and left and tonight baked with butter for family dinner (half).
    Have fun out there, ocean always has something out there.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hali lot.jpg 
Views:	186 
Size:	97.2 KB 
ID:	52780   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hali plate.jpg 
Views:	170 
Size:	93.6 KB 
ID:	52781