Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Catfish

Default Catfish

I have not fished for catfish in SoCal in years. Any suggestions? Thanks. John

Quote Originally Posted by Johnd1950 View Post
    I have not fished for catfish in SoCal in years. Any suggestions? Thanks. John
    It's your Lucky Day! I'm working on a 4 Lake catfish attack in the next 6 day's. If you want stockers to take home and eat, your best bet's are the following. San Bernadino County parks lakes get stocked every Thursday. They do charge a parking fee of $10 and an $12 fishing permit. (it's more of a pay lake now) Fishermens retreat in Redlands is another pay lake that can be good. Lake Silverwood can be good at times too! The Orange County Regional parks do stock some where every month and it's just a parking fee. (Last month I caught 50 catfish from them) If you want to fish for catfish in a rental boat and don't mind driving. Lake Wohlford is your best bet. (their stocking this Friday) If you want Trophy size catfish, that's another story! Lol
    Last edited by etucker1959; 06-10-2020 at 04:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    It's your Lucky Day! I'm working on a 4 Lake catfish attack in the next 6 day's. If you want stockers to take home and eat, your best bet's are the following. San Bernadino County parks lakes get stocked every Thursday. They do charge a parking fee of $10 and an $12 fishing permit. (it's more of a pay lake now) Fishermens retreat in Redlands is another pay lake that can be good. Lake Silverwood can be good at times too! The Orange County Regional parks do stock some where every month and it's just a parking fee. (Last month I caught 50 catfish from them) If you want to fish for catfish in a rental boat and don't mind driving. Lake Wohlford is your best bet. (their stocking this Friday) If you want Trophy size catfish, that's another story! Lol
    Thanks etucker1959, great information, many thanks