Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: L.A. to LA (Los Angeles to Louisiana)

Default L.A. to LA (Los Angeles to Louisiana)

Taking a road trip without using vacation days the next week.

Going to take the 10 all the way there.

Should I take a rod or a fly rod?

What say you?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    Taking a road trip without using vacation days the next week.

Going to take the 10 all the way there.

Should I take a rod or a fly rod?

What say you?
    A fly rod so you can catch lots of Native trout! You can then take lots of pictures or videos and give us a Full report of exactly where and how you caught them.

p.s. Because you are Out of State, "you won't be burning someones favorite secret Honey Hole of Native trout!" Lol

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    A fly rod so you can catch lots of Native trout! You can then take lots of pictures or videos and give us a Full report of exactly where and how you caught them.

p.s. Because you are Out of State, "you won't be burning someones favorite secret Honey Hole of Native trout!" Lol
    I forgot to mention that while I can meander away from the 10 Freeway here and there, i need to be near cell phone towers in order to pull off a "vacation while working." The moment 5 pm PST hits, I am left to my own devices.

I guess I was looking for more info in regards to the location I will be at, which is Mandeville, LA. So far, i'm confused as the bodies of water are brackish, and some times, can contain largemouth and smallmouth, and others you may tangle with redfish or sea trout.

While I would love to deviate from the recommended path from LA to Mandeville, I can't too much, and need to be available from 9 to to 5 during business hours during the day.

I think the fact that the 10 goes through the second layer of hell (temperature wise, of course), I really don't think I'm gonna be running into any trout streams.

That's a pretty southerly route. I don't think you will be passing by a lot of trout habitat. I would take a spinning rod, which is more versatile.

When we go out of state, we usually take a more northerly route like the 40 freeway, which leads to more trout waters and more fishing areas in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Lefty View Post
    That's a pretty southerly route. I don't think you will be passing by a lot of trout habitat. I would take a spinning rod, which is more versatile.

When we go out of state, we usually take a more northerly route like the 40 freeway, which leads to more trout waters and more fishing areas in general.
    Oh yeah, not looking too much into the trout thing at this point.

I think i may pack an 8 weight for those redfish in LA, and a conventional rod.

We'll see what happens!

REDFEEEEEEESH wut wut!
    It's like a croaker with a bass twist. Half a barbell and still friendly to the reaction bite. Salt and sweet at the same time. Can't go wrong!
    Lookin' forward to your report. Not sure if it'll be posted here or there but I forget my credentials so I just go where the wind blow..

Nothing I do is ever "politically correct", anyway. For the cameras...

I might head west soon, we will see. Get you some steelhead. You gonna sht a brck.
    Last edited by tacklejunkie; 06-14-2020 at 01:27 PM.

December 1st I aim to be in Oregon for the Steelhead opener on the Trask in Tillamook.
    Holler atcha boi,

I'm bringing "basecamp" wit me.

Assuming the BLM riots don't lead to all out CIVIL WAR...?!

That could make cross country travel a bit diffiCULT.
    Last edited by tacklejunkie; 06-14-2020 at 01:31 PM.