Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Fishing crystal river with broken ribs

Default Fishing crystal river with broken ribs

Gearing up to go out and fish the bigger incoming tide today after all the storms finally subdued.
    broke a few ribs working on the RV. Not even sure how many. Can feel them cracking around in there lol.
    Let’s see if I can catch a fish on artificial baits while I have broken ribs. Good SHTF scenario
    will report back..

if I land in quicksand again, I may not be able to escape this time.
    At least I died doing something I loved lol.

Check out these awesome Florida tide charts.
    All the work is done for me!

I’ll head out at low tide and fish flounder with jig heads. Then fish swimbaits and paddle tails when the current starts ripping In for snooks, sea trout, redfish and the inevitable ladyfish. Lol

if I hook another giant fish I’ll probably have to let it go. My left arm is messed up from the ribs.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7237FDBC-0A39-49DF-A88A-B52A679AA00B.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	8.3 KB 
ID:	52713

Well I caught some catfish and some crabs lol.

if SHTF I would have ate dinner tonight.

think the fish moved to cooler waters. I’ll have to get my kayak out to some open ocean islands. Once my ribs heal. Could be a few weeks.

Catching and filming Fiddler Crabs and Catfish with some broken ribs in Crystal River, Florida. 6-8-2020 Compilation. Taking it easy for a few weeks..

https://youtu.be/rkfFxNRdVj0

Enjoy

Wait for the HD version and boost it to 4k HD or the crabs will be tricky to see what they are doing at the higher speeds.
    I'm learning to increase my quaity out of Premier Pro... but youtube still butchers it and the watchers also need to be making sure to select highest quality or its not even worth it.
    Last edited by tacklejunkie; 06-16-2020 at 07:22 AM.

PS that water was all flooded from the prior storms for days previous to that trip to the water. Water was all brown stained and blown out and way higher than normal, even when I showed up at low tide, which is what forced all the fiddler crabs up and out onto the trails and out of their normal grounds, making them all over and easy to catch and use for bait. But the bite was not good because of the blown out water. Just one catfish.
    The heat and humidity and broken ribs made it difficult to get out all the way to my normal spot deep in the quick sand and bushes and search for the flounders, redfish and snooks etc etc.
    Florida struggle is real.

All this is clearly visible in the video, including the "high tide" when I showed up at low tide. (flooding and crabs on the trails) also the brown stained water when I release the catfish.

I think the spot should be back to normal by now. Weather has been 90* last few days. Too hot for me to want to go fish it. Probably one more factor making the bigger fish go out a tiny bit deeper. Not a lot of oxygen in super hot shallow estuary water, I would imagine.
    Last edited by tacklejunkie; 06-16-2020 at 07:24 AM.