Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Casting Courtesy is REAL!

Default Casting Courtesy is REAL!

No Casting Courtesy or Common Sense at All!

I kinda lost it this day. I started by finding a bait ball along the shoreline before sunrise. Then one of my rigs took off. After a blazing run the fish spit the hook w/leader damage. After a few more hours i decided to head for Kaneohe Bay. This day i was using original prototype 13ft & 14ft Okuma Surf Rods by Okuma. They were a hit at the Izuo Brothers Product Show this past February. I'm defining my casting weight recommendations for when the units are released so i'm still field testing. This day i chose these areas because i'm casting directly into the wind & needed to know what weights to recommend.

The 2nd area i hit had a few anglers there already as it was almost noon. So i positioned myself over a 100ft away out of courtesy. I then casted my left rig out at a straight 90• angle so it wouldn't bother those off to my left & my right rig i casted out to a 45• angle to the right. Then my left rig had a "jerk". At first i thought a fish grabbed my bait. Then i found out the guy with a green shirt over his head far to my left decided to cast his line directly at me and pulled in my baited leader.

So i started walking slowly towards him reeling my line line. He was sitting down trying to untangle his leader off my line. He completely ignored me! I ended up cutting off some of my mainline because his hook shredded it. I again went over to talk with him and he turned his back towards me & walked away. By now i was pissed but no-matter what i did or say to this "idiot" it was clear he didn't care.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mBOtVCY_xA
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cover.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	103.4 KB 
ID:	52708  

[QUOTE=Scuba Chris;804124]No Casting Courtesy or Common Sense at All!

I kinda lost it this day.)

Hi Scuba Chris, really enjoy your posts and videos. Not trying to made excuses for bad behavior but on windy days if someone is not used to or new to fishing the tides, currents and location it can get very frustrating just trying to keep from bird nesting, drifting and in general just getting your line out.

Take care and keep up the good work.