Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bluegills showing up?

Default Bluegills showing up?

With the warmer weather and and the lake reopening any luck out there with the gills? Marina area? Lots 11 and 12? Sailboat Cove?

Gills been biting all year...
    Your looking for spots?
    Time to get out for sure!
    The lakes crappie are huge
    Right now,,,,,

CM

I didn't know Perris even had crappie

I've never caught a big crappie. Compared to a gill of similar size how do they compare in their fight?

Quote Originally Posted by IE fisherman View Post
    I've never caught a big crappie. Compared to a gill of similar size how do they compare in their fight?
    Try fishing on the dam

Was out there today. Nice to see the water level is pretty full. I went out with crickets, meal worms and redworms. Not a single bite at lots 11 and 12. I hope they get a concessionaire to get the marina up and running for boat rentals. The previous one apparently quit or lost their contract. Before the ticket for me for bluegill was off the island otherwise I don't have access to a boat.
    Last edited by IE fisherman; 06-12-2020 at 09:59 PM.

If you are off shore , try the dam like was suggested for bluegill or crappie

Unfortunately I'm disabled. Really bad ankles. The dam's out of the question.

I have had the best luck in recent years at the little pier in Sail Cove, and it's disabled accessible. I have fished the dam, the marina docks, and the peninsula to the west of lots 11 and 12 with less success

I might give that a try. Can you park really close to it? Sail Cove is nice because I can drive right up to the water but without the pier it's too shallow.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast