Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Did some trolling for Jailbirds

Default Did some trolling for Jailbirds

Went out last Saturday algae has cleared and stained temp on my Garmin 93SV was 72-73. Not much of a line of trucks at 6:30 was a nice day a ;little overcast some wind felt like this was the day to get those stripers. Started to make my own A and U-Rigs so I had my u-rig on my downrigger. Started towards the north shore area and we found them before mid-lake, not as deep as previous trip on secondary points. They keyed in om the rig with charteuse teasers and some new Keitechs, not so with the white /flasher rig I was using BPS speed shads (Bluegill flash 3.3). I snagged 3 times and my homemade rigs held up as I yank the crap out of the branches I encountered. Saw a few bait and waiters at the normal main lake points, plan to try again this Saturday. Tight lines.

Thanks for report did you make it back out this Saturday. I was going to do Silverwood but wind has been nasty all week up here.

Quote Originally Posted by drifter023 View Post
    Thanks for report did you make it back out this Saturday. I was going to do Silverwood but wind has been nasty all week up here.
    Yes made it out Saturday was probably on the water around 7am, instead of working the north side right off the bat went to the south side and trolled some areas I haven't tried in awhile. I did meter some bait balls anywhere from 15-30', and some schools on the livescope btwn 10-25 nothing landed this time but was getting short bit a few times in the marina area. Water was 70-73F Left around 1:30.

Thanks for the update.