Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Are they going to drain Irvine Lake dry in 2 years?

I only fished Cuyamaca once, caught my 25 fish limit of crappie, the whole thing probably weighed 4 pounds, lol- and I filleted them all, made a great sammich. That was probably around 2000. Found this old pic of LNL today, pretty cool- '65?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Laguna Niguel.jpg 
Views:	232 
Size:	96.8 KB 
ID:	52755  
    Last edited by bassnet; 06-24-2020 at 10:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    Someone mentioned Cuyamaca Crappie. Their is a mismanagement story of the century when it came to Crappie. That lake use to be full of them, but they were a little on the smaller side. We went the last year you could catch a boatload of them. When we got there, we found the strangest rule on Crappies. Their was no catch and release on them! If you caught one you had to kill it! Guess what????? I haven't heard a thing on Crappie in that lake in a decade! I wonder why????????
    Your right; last time I fished it was in
    08, got a rental and asked the lady
    Where were the crappie biting? She
    Said over there by the point. Cool
    Don’t worry about me killing all of the
    Fish I’ll through them back’ she reply’s
    If you do we’ll kick you off the lake!!
    No catch and release!!!!! OK still through
    Them back. Lol...so many and skinny
    Small fish,,;
    A few years ago there were group of
    People taking bucket fulls everyday
    That put them fish on check’
    Now they report panfish”

CM

those fish like their cycles it seems- cool fish
    Last edited by bassnet; 07-03-2020 at 08:44 PM.

irvine lake sucks so hard. Dont even have access to the whole lake, and the spots you do have access too, are no good, over crowded, elbow to elbow. Most catch nothing there. When they drain it, I doubt they will give a **** about the fish..more concerned with money/profits from using the water for drinking water or something along those lines Im sure. If they would open the lake up to non-motorized watercraft, like kayaks for example, the place would be bad ***, but bank fishing from Irvine Lake sucks!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.GoodBass View Post
    irvine lake sucks so hard. Dont even have access to the whole lake, and the spots you do have access too, are no good, over crowded, elbow to elbow. Most catch nothing there. When they drain it, I doubt they will give a **** about the fish..more concerned with money/profits from using the water for drinking water or something along those lines Im sure. If they would open the lake up to non-motorized watercraft, like kayaks for example, the place would be bad ***, but bank fishing from Irvine Lake sucks!
    Tuff lake for sure,
    From shore try February
    It’s much better,,,

CM

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.GoodBass View Post
    Well it is tough! However, I do see some interesting fish caught! Some nice Bass and a few bigger then normal catfish are caught there each week. My friend Roberts good buddy fishes there every week for whatever he can catch. On Saturday July 25, he caught 10 Carp, 30 Bluegill/Red ears (some of those are nice size!) and 1 Catfish. By the way, the Catfish was a Blue and weighed 50 pounds! (I've got a picture of it on my phone and it's huge!) Where else can you catch fish like that from shore for a $5 parking fee? The problem is though, it separates the men from the boy's! You do have to be good, to catch any fish there. It's not like shooting fish in a barrel like Fin and Feather! Or the way it used to be with a $25 dollar fishing permit per person, just to get in the place. They did stock the crap out of it then and you could use a boat. But it is what it is now.
    Last edited by etucker1959; 07-27-2020 at 12:19 PM.

Alright Tucker , 50 pound blue on your
    Cell phone ,,,
    Maybe this will be your first to post a
    Pic???

CM

[QUOTE=crappiemike;804494]Alright Tucker , 50 pound blue on your
    Cell phone ,,,
    Maybe this will be your first to post a
    Pic???

Crappie Mike,

Sent this to Eric,

Crappie Mike,