Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Memorial Day Fishing

  1. #1

    Default Memorial Day Fishing

    Tre' and I left the house at 3:45 and we were in the water by 5:00.
    I had texted Bachiboy ( Don ) to see if he wanted to join but he couldn't swing it.

    I spent about 15 minutes showing Tre' identification markers in the water as well as visual markers on land.

    It didn't take long to land one and it was me landing a nice legal calico bass.
    Tre' didn't have the greatest day in the surf but he is learning...again!?

    We ended up staying for 2 hours, outgoing and incoming low tide of -.6 ft.

    Total numbers were Tre' 1 short flatty
    Me 3 calicos ( 2 legal ), 2 sand bass and 1 YFC ( That was for Bachiboy )

    Swell is picking up this week so choose your destination wisely.

    Take care,
    Robert
    <><
    Last edited by murrieta angler; 05-25-2020 at 04:27 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Harbor City, CA
    Posts
    421

    Default

    Robert!

    Two things my friend:

    1. Thank You for your service.
    2. Great reading your reports, thx for sharing and taking us along for the ride!

    Hope your Memorial was day was ........ memorial. Looking for a spot for tomorrow, with the surf might be tough!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    ventura, ca
    Posts
    125

    Default

    Thank you for posting it- it was almost exactly what happened today , except I launched at nearby structure on my surfboard (finally) and got 4-5 calicos ( 1 legal), 5-6 sandies (2 legal) and a short hali ; all on plastic or croc and released before seal would get them. It looks like surface action is picking up and water is warmer , although the kelp in this spot disappeared ( but grew well elsewhere).
    I hope to go again and post full report.
    have fun out there.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    SOUTHBAY
    Posts
    1,794

    Default

    Was wondering where all the surfishin
    People went..?
    Thnx for your report:


    CM

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Fossilized SWAT Bones
    Posts
    4,733

    Default

    Good to see you have got Tre out on the sand brotha. Recently saw your big ol Tuna you got on the trip with the boyz.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Ca. Coast
    Posts
    1,815

    Default

    Hi guys,,,,,
    Good to see a post from one of the old timers.
    WWO

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nipple Twister View Post
    Robert!

    Two things my friend:

    1. Thank You for your service.
    2. Great reading your reports, thx for sharing and taking us along for the ride!

    Hope your Memorial was day was ........ memorial. Looking for a spot for tomorrow, with the surf might be tough!
    Hey John,
    Good hearing from you.
    Hope all is well and I think we need to do a session in the surf soon.

    Quote Originally Posted by efishent View Post
    Thank you for posting it- it was almost exactly what happened today , except I launched at nearby structure on my surfboard (finally) and got 4-5 calicos ( 1 legal), 5-6 sandies (2 legal) and a short hali ; all on plastic or croc and released before seal would get them. It looks like surface action is picking up and water is warmer , although the kelp in this spot disappeared ( but grew well elsewhere).
    I hope to go again and post full report.
    have fun out there.
    Yeah,
    The board allows you to get to way more spots than on the sand.
    Thanks for sharing.

    Quote Originally Posted by crappiemike View Post
    Was wondering where all the surfishin
    People went..?
    Thnx for your report:

    Still here, haven't been reporting and broken shoulders didn't help for a bit either...


    CM
    Quote Originally Posted by bones View Post
    Good to see you have got Tre out on the sand brotha. Recently saw your big ol Tuna you got on the trip with the boyz.
    Hey Mike,
    It's nice getting out with my boys.
    This year for their birthdays I bought them waders, St. Croix rods paired with some 2500 Shimano Sedona reels.
    Hope the kids and grandkids are all doing well.

    Take care.

    Quote Originally Posted by Which Way Out View Post
    Hi guys,,,,,
    Good to see a post from one of the old timers.
    WWO
    Brother Bill,
    Good to know you're still around.
    How's Norika doing?
    Maybe we can "ALL" get together this summer for a spell in the surf.
    Time will tell.

    TAKE CARE TO ALL MY OLD FRIENDS AND GOD BLESS YOU ALL

    ROBERT
    <><

  8. #8

    Default

    My PB BFT is my new avatar.

    144 pounds 2 weeks ago.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •