Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Modified UW Leader Bridge For SPYDRO Cam!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Modified UW Leader Bridge For SPYDRO Cam!

How To Keep The Fish In Front Of The Camera!

I took some ideas off my Water Wolf Video Camera & incorporated some of those functions into my Spydro Camera. One of my re-curing issues is having the baited leader line work it's way in back of the camera's lens. Since i'm casting from shore the combination of current with surge combined with wave action will cause the baited hook to "drift" and sometimes lodge itself on the camera. Maybe 30-40% of my video clips suffer from this reaction. But i think i solved this problem.

I used stiff 325lb test stainless steel wire with 200lb test french clips on each end so i could remove the harness. For the wire wrap i used a haywire twist. Had to go "beefy" as i'm fishing salt water with big fish like sharks, rays & jacks around. Also there's sharp coral to consider. You must remember these units were packaged for trolling & jigging off a boat. But i've found ways to cast them from shore & i'm always trying my best to improve my chances of obtaining great underwater videos to share & learn from.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbFb-935U3c
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1-Pic.jpg 
Views:	153 
Size:	103.8 KB 
ID:	52683