Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Perris Florida Bluegill history/info

Default Perris Florida Bluegill history/info

Does anyone have any information on the original stocking of the Bluegills brought in from Florida in the 1970s to be stocked in the lake. When, how many fish, the size of the fish, etc.. Thanks in advance.

June 5 1975 50 to 100 adult fish

I think Perris opened in 1974 and already had Florida Bluegills then. I remember my dad and I catching them that first year.

I thought the original stocks were Green Sunfish, and the Bluegills came later.

I believe the Green Sunfish came in with the water supply. There were tons of little Greenies all over the dam area, and the young Spotted Bass loved them! I remember the hot plastic worm and lure colors were green because of all the little sunfish.

5 shot is right they opened up with green sun fish then they put in the Florida blue gill in 1975 google it

Quote Originally Posted by 5shot View Post
    I thought the original stocks were Green Sunfish, and the Bluegills came later.
    They never planted green sunfish they came from the duct.

Bowler, are you really a bowler?

=Backtofishing2;803884]Bowler, are you really a bowler?[/QUOTE]Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1DC20BC2-C1D3-49B8-AAE8-8144A885F024.jpg 
Views:	202 
Size:	20.2 KB 
ID:	52689 yes I’ve been bowling for 30 years now

I recall those green sunfish ..... .... they had the green, almost turquoise stripes on their cheeks ..... and, yeah, the spots loved them .... all lures were green shaded ..... I miss those spots !! .... they were footballs and fought really hard ....