Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Mothers Day @ Newport Harbor

Default Mothers Day @ Newport Harbor

Hi all,
    It's been a long time since I've shared a report.

Called my son, Tre, and see if he wanted to join me for a session in the harbor.

He had never been before so I was hoping that his birthday gift, a new pair of waders, would entice him.

It worked, he got his license yesterday and we were in Newport at 5:45.

We started with him casting his set up at one of the small beaches to get some practice in tossing his bait straight so he wouldn't hit any docks or boats..
    After about 10 minutes I decided that was good enough and we started casting by the docks and boats.

Tre' was the first to get a spotted bay bass to shore and I took a quick pic.
    It was a dink, but the first fish none the less..

It wouldn't be long before I got one in as well and it was a nice 12 incher.

It was a good morning overall, we hooked up a total 14 times and landed 6. Tre' 2 - Me 4
    The largest being a 15" grump and bragging rights for me.

We ended up fishing for 3 hours and I had a good time fishing with my Buddy!

Sorry you have to go to a link but I can't figure out how to post a picture individually anymore....

HELP!!!

https://www.snapfish.com/library/sha...57070/SNAPFISH

Thanks for looking and have a Blessed week.

Robert
    <><

Hells Yeah, Bob!
    haven’t had me a spotty battle in ages. Bet your son was stoked and you even more to have a partner to school!
    good times man!

Quote Originally Posted by murrieta angler View Post
    Hi all,
    It's been a long time since I've shared a report.

Called my son, Tre, and see if he wanted to join me for a session in the harbor.

He had never been before so I was hoping that his birthday gift, a new pair of waders, would entice him.

It worked, he got his license yesterday and we were in Newport at 5:45.

We started with him casting his set up at one of the small beaches to get some practice in tossing his bait straight so he wouldn't hit any docks or boats..
    After about 10 minutes I decided that was good enough and we started casting by the docks and boats.

Tre' was the first to get a spotted bay bass to shore and I took a quick pic.
    It was a dink, but the first fish none the less..

It wouldn't be long before I got one in as well and it was a nice 12 incher.

It was a good morning overall, we hooked up a total 14 times and landed 6. Tre' 2 - Me 4
    The largest being a 15" grump and bragging rights for me.

We ended up fishing for 3 hours and I had a good time fishing with my Buddy!

Sorry you have to go to a link but I can't figure out how to post a picture individually anymore....

HELP!!!

https://www.snapfish.com/library/sha...57070/SNAPFISH

Thanks for looking and have a Blessed week.

Robert
    <><
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]52665[/ATTACH

newport has always been a producer
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SF2.jpg 
Views:	205 
Size:	60.2 KB 
ID:	52665