Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Re-opened May 1st question

Default Re-opened May 1st question

Has anyone gone since it re-opened? I checked the FB page and couldn't find the answer, but wondering if there is a max number of boats being allowed in? and how long the lines were in the morning lately?

Default Went 2 May 20

Quote Originally Posted by HEMAN View Post
    Has anyone gone since it re-opened? I checked the FB page and couldn't find the answer, but wondering if there is a max number of boats being allowed in? and how long the lines were in the morning lately?
    Hey man I went on Saturday got in line at 6:20am, when I got there the line of trucks/cars were the road turns the corner of the east dam area. Tammy was the only person working the entry booth it about a 1/2 hour wait for me to pay. Don't think about it just go, water temp 68-70. I saw some top water action too. I was trolling for stripers. Good luck out there.

Quote Originally Posted by GdHkSet1 View Post
    Hey man I went on Saturday got in line at 6:20am, when I got there the line of trucks/cars were the road turns the corner of the east dam area. Tammy was the only person working the entry booth it about a 1/2 hour wait for me to pay. Don't think about it just go, water temp 68-70. I saw some top water action too. I was trolling for stripers. Good luck out there.
    cool thanks for the update. Tammy actually replied to me on FB and said no maximum # of boats as of right now so everyone is allowed in. I'll try to get out there.. appreciate the update.

Son and I were out Saturday, saw a few catches. We both lost one on a weightless senko in the morning but nothing else for us that day

Quote Originally Posted by srsnow View Post
    Son and I were out Saturday, saw a few catches. We both lost one on a weightless senko in the morning but nothing else for us that day
    Wacky Rig ?

Quote Originally Posted by Riverdale View Post
    Wacky Rig ?
    Yes weightless wacky rig

Quote Originally Posted by srsnow View Post
    Yes weightless wacky rig
    Seems to be an issue with Me aswell. What I have done is gone to no oring ,attach strait thru worm. Use an Gama octopus Hook Size 1 ,no gard if You can. The Yammamoto Senko
    Is the only worm I use. The rest claim to be the same,but they dnt work as well. Salt content I'm Told is Key.
    They are more $, W/O the oring you will eat them Up.
    The trade off is More Fish in the Boat. If Your Saving on baits and wasting $ on Fuel Your going backwards lol
    Hope that Helps a Bit.Cheers!
    Last edited by Riverdale; 05-10-2020 at 12:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Riverdale View Post
    Seems to be an issue with Me aswell. What I have done is gone to no oring ,attach strait thru worm. Use an Gama octopus Hook Size 1 ,no gard if You can. The Yammamoto Senko
    Is the only worm I use. The rest claim to be the same,but they dnt work as well. Salt content I'm Told is Key.
    They are more $, W/O the oring you will eat them Up.
    The trade off is More Fish in the Boat. If Your Saving on baits and wasting $ on Fuel Your going backwards lol
    Hope that Helps a Bit.Cheers!
    I use heat shrink wrap instead of o-rings and it works great. Good hook up ratio too.