Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Finally went fishing

Default Finally went fishing

So I get to the lake early and get the POS bike I borrowed and off I go. Everything goes great, ride the POS get to where I want to start and catch 2 (1&3) and get snapped off on a 3rd that felt semi substantial. So it's time to go to another spot and I crash the POS and break 2 reels, one of which I haven't even used yet. So the day went downhill from there. The seat on the POS kept tilting back so walked my old as back to the car. All in all a great day. I caught 2 fish.

By the way I caught both fish with a zman scented jerk shadz Houdini color it's a great bait and easy to fish

thanks for the report.. sorry to hear about all the troubles biking in and breaking equipment..
    You fish the jerk shadz weightless ? any particular size or color? thanks again for the report.

Thanks for the report especially after all the trouble. I appreciate the news. Hope Perris opens soon.

I am too old to even try to bike in to fish. Seems like opening and asking for folks to keep space, and let boats on is reasonable. Of course, the jet skies, .... there's the rub.

It's a 5" Houdini color scented jerk shadz. I fish them with a split shot about a foot above the bait but this bait floats so depending how high you want the bait off the bottom is where you want to put the split shot. I Texas rig it and retrieve it by dragging, hopping, twitching and everything in between. I think it will make a great topwater bait as well. I'm going tomorrow and I'll let you know how it went. Got another starting spot in mind that should be productive and I'm going to take some crawdads with me.