Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Getting better every time

Default Getting better every time

Well I'll keep it short this time:
    Went to Perris yesterday, the day started off really bad with the chain breaking on my mountain bike, we had to walk most of the way, but after wading out into the lake waist deep, I was able to land 17 LMB and lost 19. Juan had about the same day as I. We were there from about 06:30 till 17:30. Sure am exhausted today. Even distroyed my right shoulder as a result of the repeated casting in the waist deep water.
    Looking forward to getting the boat out on the water at Skinner tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Durdy Daug View Post
    Well I'll keep it short this time:
    Went to Perris yesterday, the day started off really bad with the chain breaking on my mountain bike, we had to walk most of the way, but after wading out into the lake waist deep, I was able to land 17 LMB and lost 19. Juan had about the same day as I. We were there from about 06:30 till 17:30. Sure am exhausted today. Even distroyed my right shoulder as a result of the repeated casting in the waist deep water.
    Looking forward to getting the boat out on the water at Skinner tomorrow.
    Good Fishing! What was the weight on your 3 biggest fish? (individual fish)

Durdy Dag.. Did you try what I recommended? Some of the places you fished might have too much brush to try what I said.

Answering both questions: # 1 the biggest fish weighed in at about 4 pounds. Not sure of the exact weight as I did not have a scale. Did I try what you recommended? Sadly enough I rarely follow directions so the answer is No I didn't.
    What I did do was fish Sinkos with weedless hooks. I only got caught up a few times loosing about 4 - 8 hooks, I went through 3 packs of worms though.
    Went to Skinner this morning, started off rather good except that I broke my fish finder... gotta pull the trigger now on the humming bird... $4000 will be hard to come by. We got to the lake at around 08:30, we seen 10 boats ahead of us and we were happy as the website said that they opened @ 09:00. Well to our sad shock they waved to us and indicated that the 25 boat cap had been reached, we were allegedly # 28, as we pulled up I explained that we had driven 3 hours from Barstow, (My Buddy) and that we were both RN's and this was our first day off in a while (His) and that were were battle fatigued from the front line fighting. Ranger asked if we had paid to fish and Launch, I said no and he told me to pay and meet him at the launch ramp! We waited in the parking lot for 30 minutes and he approched us and said " I thought I told you to go ahead and launch?" Well it didn't take us but a minute to get out on the water. The fishing was really slow, My buddy Justin landed 2 small LMB, I caught a catfish on a fly lined sinko, my line got tangled on my other reels and I broke it off and had to handline it in.