Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ss tacklejunkie 4/26/2020

Default Ss tacklejunkie 4/26/2020

Maidened my new rig today.
    it’s a Lifetime Tamarack Angler 100 Sit-On-Top.
    $279 fully equipped, less anchor system.
    great deal!! Three rod holders on it. My first sit on top. My last yak was a sit inside.
    I learned you get really wet with sit on top. Lol.
    just took the dog out and a rod but didn’t fish. Need to trim a few things here and adjust some things there and I should be ready to slay all the bass in Hagg lake and the Columbia Gorge.
    stoked!! Solid ride for the price.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	90527421-B2EC-44E5-8F63-9647A1EA4E1A.jpg 
Views:	345 
Size:	19.6 KB 
ID:	52622

Name:	10D0ADC1-6381-4645-B0F0-5E4B38E50A3D.jpg 
Views:	339 
Size:	16.4 KB 
ID:	52624

Name:	DD89D0F7-7DAD-4E01-BEB2-62AB554CF087.jpg 
Views:	335 
Size:	16.3 KB 
ID:	52625
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	90527421-B2EC-44E5-8F63-9647A1EA4E1A.jpg 
Views:	318 
Size:	19.6 KB 
ID:	52623  

What's up dude? Back on the west coast again, eh? I tried texting you but you must have changed phones. Nice yak BTW.

Wat up Skylark.
    nah I just delete all my friends and hide all the time. It’s not you it’s me. Hahah.
    come visit. I just landed back in Florida right now. You wouldn’t believe it unless you saw it. Buyin and RV and driving it back hahah. Full time fishermanwacko.
    we gotta go slay steelhead at Trask together one day. You would not believe those fish man. I’ll be back for the dec 1st run.

got some more work done on my kayak toda!
    tied up a $5 sliding anchor system for my 10lb mushrooom I added. Man, those sliding anchor systems are da ticket!
    leashed my paddle and my rod holders and my water bottle that had a slot for it perfect right there.

I need to somehow mount the milk crate I stole from 7-11 to the back of my kayak over he second bait well. So I can store boxes of tackle and bottles of bug spray. Because I’m going to fawkin be eaten alive in short order when I go back out into the Florida gulf chasing a giant red or black drum bigger than my last 30” to left me gasping for air like an out of body experience. Lol.

I got the cast net on there from earlier this year and I need to think about a bait tank. Or use my damn micro igloo lunchbox when the bait balls appear. This sit is gonna be wild folks hang on to your horses I might find groupers and tarpons I have no idea what lies out in those fifty thousand islands I flew my drone over

my fifty dam dollar pliers fit perfect on the seat strap so they are automatically leashed to the sheath. I just wanted to say leashed to the sheath.

Name:	44BD69D1-8006-45A4-B722-1E627CBE2FE8.jpg 
Views:	264 
Size:	15.8 KB 
ID:	52653

Name:	246BF1BB-4C20-41B0-BF9D-EDBFFE6F3CAE.jpg 
Views:	274 
Size:	17.2 KB 
ID:	52654

Name:	6103A8A8-52A8-4163-AF1E-1A841B6D4274.jpg 
Views:	270 
Size:	12.9 KB 
ID:	52655

Name:	2B7E4FE8-14ED-4F63-9923-B3D03D9DB828.jpg 
Views:	266 
Size:	15.7 KB 
ID:	52656

Name:	167D5CEF-1DEB-4EA6-83B0-51932BA6AE23.jpg 
Views:	246 
Size:	14.7 KB 
ID:	52657

this is gonna be hellsa awwl kinds of epic any second now with RVs and drone footage and kayaks and some seriously crazy **** for TJ TV EPISODE 6!!!!! BE THERE
    Last edited by tacklejunkie; 05-09-2020 at 03:50 PM.

Pss
    I’ll be kayaking with full body and face coverage to hide from bugs and the water holes on my sit on top yak, for now. I hope my life jacket works if I fall in. Lol

if I hook into more of those 10lb redfis I will probably be towed to sea. I might send you guys a post with my last known coordinates. they get gnarly lightning squalls out on the east coast.

low tide today around 12:30pm. High tide around 6ish. Not a huge tide transfer.
    should be fair for yaking. Aside from this massive storm coming in. Lol!!
    wish me luck. Maiden in the salt coming right up. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	83A4B8BD-C334-4323-90BB-B01E8CB9476E.jpg 
Views:	241 
Size:	9.5 KB 
ID:	52663

if you fall off you mr kayak into the water with your face covered from bugs, is that gonna feel like waterboarding?

Well I had no problems with the wind or the current in Crystal River. That was a pleasant surprise. ..other than the fact that I hate drift fishing but.. alright. It all went well.

I need to shorten my anchor rope. That was a bit frustrating more than once. Lol.

the yak tracks well and carries all my stuff no problem. Didn’t have any tip over like feelings and am even able to stand on the kayak and sight fish if I have to, although that’s is not so stable, as one might imagine.

I found some live mullet yesterday but was only able to nab one from the kayak with the small cast net I have. Cast netting from a kayak while sitting is not easy, and pretty sketchy while standing. But it’s doable.

then I ran into the problem of my old bubbler is dead, rusty and was at home.
    so looks like I need a new bait tank for the kayak. Probably one that sits in the water and doesn’t need a bubbler.
    I also need a new bait tank for shore fishing and a new bubbler.

yesterday also marks the first day I caught shrimp from shore with my cast net. Yes..
    little early season baby shrimp with Mt cast net. Super cool! I saw them busting the surface like mullet or menhaden or baitfishes. So I made the cast. I was sure I hit them. Dragged it in, didn’t see nothing. Lifted net off ground, saw little bodies flopping in the sand. Reached down and sure enough I had nabbed a bunch of inch long baby shrimp!

I need to learn how to make shrimp patties now and bag the fatties for free. It looks like warmer season the shrimp are just right here near shore busting all over like baitfish!

unreal.

then some jerk got on my tail on the way home while I was doing the speed limit and started horning me like a psycho so I had to chase them all over town and make them rethink their decision.. endangering both our lives and the lives of everyone else around us. Maybe next time they won’t be a dick. Sure hope so..

anyway. Good times. Can’t leave your house these days.

im going to go weld up a kayak wheel, rig a bait tank and take the kayak back to my secret spot where I caught the ten pound redfish. It should be wfo back there.

need to make that wheel. Coming up next!!
    Last edited by tacklejunkie; 05-11-2020 at 04:37 AM.

I forgot to add:
    the seat on the kayak is held in place with plastic one way nails. These popped out right away.
    I’ll need to replace the fasteners securing the seat wit stainless steel screws. $4.
    no biggie..

I’ll get a final pic of the assembled yak next time I’m out. The milk crate trunk was rigged with pool noodles to stand on top of the second dry storage hatch and the kayak bungee lashing holds it in place well. I used a shower curtain for a gopro Mount to make it extendable and removable and you can use it for a selfie stick as well, while on the kayak.

she’s almost done.

Waiting for some clear skateboard grip tape to get here. Three rolls of it. Them I’m gonna cover the nose in propaganda stickers and then add the clear grip tape. So my dog can stand on he nose of the kayak. I got her a $40 doggy life jacket the other day. Should be perfect!

one problem with the perfection..

the skateboard grip tape is headed toward my old address and I’m not sure I’ll receive it, even though I did fill out a change of address. So I might have to pay the $15 and reorder it again. :/

I did get some video from the kayak with one camera yesterday I’ll see how that went. There was dolphins surfacing around me. Not sure if I got them on video. Scary!
    forgot the memory card in gopro #2. Was going for multiple angle shots. Always something wrong.
    Last edited by tacklejunkie; 05-11-2020 at 04:42 AM.

Reviewing the footage now. Can’t see the dolphins. Camera angle isn’t right. But you can see me and the entire kayak. Will be great when I’m landing fishes.
    stay tuned!

Name:	69C5FECA-FAD8-448D-AB6D-8F21D3F8FC6D.jpg 
Views:	230 
Size:	6.9 KB 
ID:	52664

that’s the rear camera on the shower curtain.
    the front camera is the one I forgot the memory card.

cant wait to get some fish with the camera rolling and edit that video lol
    Last edited by tacklejunkie; 05-11-2020 at 04:52 AM.

picked up some 10" wheels for $5 a piece from harbor freight today. Need some bar stock and some shaft collars with set screws, then I can weld up a wheel system to let me roll the kayak back to my secret spot. Stay tuned.

Jopefully I come up with a design small enough to fit onboard whilst I feesh.
    Otherwise I'll have to stash the mofo in da bushes
    You know... with the alligators and No-See-Ums.
    Last edited by tacklejunkie; 05-15-2020 at 04:31 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast