Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Does this mean they will open the lakes?

Default Does this mean they will open the lakes?

I just saw riverside county opening golf and " other outdoor activities"
    Have anyone heard anything about the lakes? Specifically Skinner and DVL?
    here is the link from riverside health department with the exact wording dated april 20:

https://www.rivcoph.org/Portals/0/Do...=1587427206024

Quote Originally Posted by sharrko View Post
    I just saw riverside county opening golf and " other outdoor activities"
    Have anyone heard anything about the lakes? Specifically Skinner and DVL?
    here is the link from riverside health department with the exact wording dated april 20:

https://www.rivcoph.org/Portals/0/Do...=1587427206024
    I read it too and by my reading comprehension ability's (Lol) I would be surprised if the don't re open the Lakes! Please give a shout out to the rest of us, when someone get's an confirmation on this!

County Parks? How about state parks? Gov. Newsom....help us out bud.

I believe the DFW had a follow up meeting (after the disastrous first meeting, where it shows how well prepared that state entity is) and here is the article directly from their website:

https://cdfgnews.wordpress.com/2020/...f-coronavirus/

You know, nice and detailed and information filled.

For example, two weekends ago, I walked past my local cement pond, located inside a park that LA Parks and Recreation manages, and noticed a few things:

1. Fishing was still open.
    2. They had turned off the fountain and circulation systems and closed all restrooms.
    3. There were about two dozen dead largemouth bass from 1 pound to 5 pounds scattered along the shoreline, most likely due to the oxygen levels dropping once the fountain and circulation systems were shut down.

At that point, there were 2 other lakes that I know of that were still open, which were Castaic and Puddingstone, both run by LA County.

After the Fish and Game washed their hands of the closure question and left it up to someone else to decide (i.e, passing the buck), the local cement pond managed by LA Parks and Recreation that was open 2 weeks ago, last week had "No Fishing" signs scattered across the shoreline.

So my assumption is that each entity (LA County for Castaic and Puddingstone), (MWD for DVL, Skinner, etc) LA Parks and Recreation (Echo, Lincoln, MacArthur), etc, etc. can decide whether to close fishing until further notice and can just refer to local guidelines for a reason. I don't think these decisions are made by the County, but by the concessionaire, but they'll gladly point to sweeping closures to excuse theirs.

And as we already know how concessionaires treat fishermen and boaters who use their storage tanks for their liquid gold for our recreation, it's easier and makes more sense for them to keep them closed, because then they don't have to deal with maintenance, like trash pickup and restroom cleanups, and they can still wheel and deal the state's liquid gold and make money, while keeping the lice out.

I would love to see the % of revenue these entities receive from recreation, rather than selling water, taking into consideration the costs that with trash pick up, concession costs, and general maintenance that boaters and fisherman incur.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    I believe the DFW had a follow up meeting (after the disastrous first meeting, where it shows how well prepared that state entity is) and here is the article directly from their website:

https://cdfgnews.wordpress.com/2020/...f-coronavirus/

You know, nice and detailed and information filled.

For example, two weekends ago, I walked past my local cement pond, located inside a park that LA Parks and Recreation manages, and noticed a few things:

1. Fishing was still open.
    2. They had turned off the fountain and circulation systems and closed all restrooms.
    3. There were about two dozen dead largemouth bass from 1 pound to 5 pounds scattered along the shoreline, most likely due to the oxygen levels dropping once the fountain and circulation systems were shut down.

At that point, there were 2 other lakes that I know of that were still open, which were Castaic and Puddingstone, both run by LA County.

After the Fish and Game washed their hands of the closure question and left it up to someone else to decide (i.e, passing the buck), the local cement pond managed by LA Parks and Recreation that was open 2 weeks ago, last week had "No Fishing" signs scattered across the shoreline.

So my assumption is that each entity (LA County for Castaic and Puddingstone), (MWD for DVL, Skinner, etc) LA Parks and Recreation (Echo, Lincoln, MacArthur), etc, etc. can decide whether to close fishing until further notice and can just refer to local guidelines for a reason. I don't think these decisions are made by the County, but by the concessionaire, but they'll gladly point to sweeping closures to excuse theirs.

And as we already know how concessionaires treat fishermen and boaters who use their storage tanks for their liquid gold for our recreation, it's easier and makes more sense for them to keep them closed, because then they don't have to deal with maintenance, like trash pickup and restroom cleanups, and they can still wheel and deal the state's liquid gold and make money, while keeping the lice out.

I would love to see the % of revenue these entities receive from recreation, rather than selling water, taking into consideration the costs that with trash pick up, concession costs, and general maintenance that boaters and fisherman incur.
    Very nice comments! I just want to add that the Orange County Regional parks are open, you just can't park inside. (they are also doing their catfish planting on schedule!)

RivCo website says now its open!
    I am going to drive to lake and confirm in person.
    Here is link from the page. The pop up used to say closed, now it says open with social distancing
    Will update once i confirm. Anyone who beats me to it please let us know.
    https://www.rivcoparks.org/covid-19-updates

Confirmed. Lake is now open for fishing. Keep social distancing and face cover. Gate opens 8am.

some lakes did open but just be aware that a lot of the restrooms are still closed