Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: A Line of Boats Heading to the River/ Havasu

Default A Line of Boats Heading to the River/ Havasu

A buddy of mine was heading home from work at Palm Springs last night and he passed a line of boats heading the other way to the River / Havasu, I am jealous!

I was going to go last weekend but decided to wait till this stuff is all done with the places we eat at are all closed and no food at the hotels so no go.
    Plus canceled the striper derby till June. Was going to go pre fish.

Quote Originally Posted by BassinPLS View Post
    A buddy of mine was heading home from work at Palm Springs last night and he passed a line of boats heading the other way to the River / Havasu, I am jealous!
    Don't be Katherine landing this weekend and heard Havasu worse.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Katherine landing.JPG 
Views:	271 
Size:	70.8 KB 
ID:	52621

Quote Originally Posted by drifter023 View Post
    Don't be Katherine landing this weekend and heard Havasu worse.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Katherine landing.JPG 
Views:	271 
Size:	70.8 KB 
ID:	52621
    Unreal...We are we going to do to get the government officials to realize that sitting in a boat on a lake is not dangerous??!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BassinPLS View Post
    Unreal...We are we going to do to get the government officials to realize that sitting in a boat on a lake is not dangerous??!!!

It's not the angler's fault, it's the pleasure boaters fault who come out to the lake and flock to sandbars, docks, and restrooms and congregate. Its the shore dwellers who come in 10+ groups too. Anglers like you and I can stay in our boat all day until we ramp up and off the lake. Irresponsible ones mess it up for the responsible. Here in AZ they closed smaller bodies of water (Saguaro & Canyon Lakes) in the PHX area to deter congregations but left the further out larger lakes (Bartlett & Roosevelt) open to boaters with all restrooms and camping areas closed-- rightfully so. Folks waiting in lines for restrooms should be a no-no, along with shore campers and hikers during this pandemic as it could be a place where transmission takes place obviously. Anglers like us piss off the side of the boat and if warranted -- up in the bushes if its a must.

Decision Makers should allow 2 folks on a boat out on the lake. Maybe three. Keep the restrooms closed. No sandbar BS. No shore groups of any kind until rates of transmission decrease a bit more. Anglers already keep a good distance on docks and ramps anyway-- so let us be. We are not on the water to socialize.

CL, you hit it spot on! That is why the party people will probably get things shut down again they can't just go out boating they only boat to party with 10 people at a time.
    I might try to get some time off of work during the week and go pre fish Havasu for the striper derby moved to June this year.