Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: First Ned at Hagg 4/16/20

Default First Ned at Hagg 4/16/20

Hit Hagg today 4/16.
    received my new lunker punker in the mail and wanted to toss it for old times sake. Still swims 16” side to side, like always. Man I love that lure.

got those $60 worth of booyah boogee baits from 2006 in the mail also and was tossing them. So worth it. That’s the best chatter bait in the world. I don’t care what anyone says. The action and how fast it starts.. just the best bait ever. another lure I absolutely love and will pay great money for.
    they don’t make them anymore. If you find them in 3/8 or 1/2oz you better just buy them.

so I just learned about the Ned rig the other day.
    sorry, I am a bit behind the times. Just getting into fishing again.
    i got some zman ned jig heads a few days ago.
    wasnt hooking up on the lunker punker and chatterbait after two hours.

tied on the Ned head with a 2.5” shortened robo from a 6” robo fat tail.
    I had myself a genuine 2 3/4” Ned rig. My very first one.

cast one, nada. Cast two nada.
    cast three... feels stuck on the weeds then tons of slack. So I begin to reel it in and line goes taught and starts peeling to the right. Didn’t even set the hook. The fish hooked himself because I didn’t know he was there.

the Ned rig works under high pressure at Hagg. That’s good info.
    I just don’t like fishing it because you don’t feel the bite...

anyway. 3lbs for 3hrs. 1 bite one landing.
    Fish had body of a two pounder but it’s belly was a pound alone. Fat lil fuger.

good times. Learning new rigs, scoring golden ancient baits and whacking fishes on pimp casting gears.
    definitely not complaining.

phone was in car. No picture of fish. Sorry.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	99437DDC-59C0-4800-9B91-5723D8EEAEC7.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	13.1 KB 
ID:	52605

Name:	B05DB6A6-2438-4864-85B0-6D82AF3A28B9.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	19.6 KB 
ID:	52606

Name:	0E91FB02-DF0D-4384-BB55-84F57641E8ED.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	19.8 KB 
ID:	52607

I find it funny..
    how I catch a fish here on a Texas right when I see minimal cover such as rocks and sparse weedage.
    then I notice dudes on forums nedding it up.

I tied on the ned and it half acts as a t-rig. Half as a Ned.

I land more fish.

maybe not oddddddd

maybe I think like fish.

easy next meal and hide away to processsssssss

i can make a horribly presented Ned from a properly tied T-Rig...

is it bait to catch the angler or bait to catch the fish???
    Last edited by tacklejunkie; 04-16-2020 at 07:32 PM.

And then I realize I want to Ned a steelhead

Nothing to see here folks.
    you won’t learn nothing from that pot smoking TACKLEJUNKIE. I promise.
    runnnnn
    ps I bought another holla popper F U DS

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    €€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€
    ££££££££££££££££££££
    ¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥

Name:	9479ED3F-6278-4ACD-A90B-C553550D5714.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	9.9 KB 
ID:	52611

no

Name:	4719FB59-16EE-430B-AA27-9A29AA8C95CE.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	16.3 KB 
ID:	52612

Went back today 4/17 with two ex coworkers who are going to be coworkers again soon. Good to have some homies during the pandemic.

Long story short, I got a trout on a panther martin and had tons of trout bouncing off my bass gear all day that was too big for dink trout to eat.

My buddies got some trout also, which made me way more happy than anything.
    I’ll probably have some more friends to fish with soon. Yay

No bass today. Tried HARD.
    Everyone was catching tons of dink trout.
    It was dia de Los kamakazi trucas or something like that. Saw them everywhere. M

Think I found where some bass might be staging to spawn. But you know what..
    With the pandemic and all the people who have nothing to do and over running the lake...

I’m going to skip the whole spawn.

The lake was up another inch from last night.
    I don’t know where all that water is coming from but if I was a bass, I would be pissed.

The trout I caught had a 3’ leader and swivel hanging from his mouth. This was not my gear.
    I hooked him in the eye with my panther martin after his mouth missed the hook because he was a dink.
    I released the fish after trimming his 3’ leader short to his mouth and removing the swivel. Then my Panther Martin from his freakin’ eye ball.

sometimes I hate fishing.

i should have culled and ate that dink trout. But I always feel so bad when I catch a fish I can’t keep it.
    im retarded.

ps there is so damn many trout in this lake. There has to be a big Bertha bass somewhere.... .. . . .. .. . . .

none of these Oregonians are tossing swinbaits. They don’t even sell them anywhere near here. I had to import all my swimbait gear like I’m in Guam, or something.

if I bought a kayak and some Hudds.. I might bag a state record lol.
    Last edited by tacklejunkie; 04-17-2020 at 09:02 PM.

i fished hard for mainly largemouth the past 3 years.. and one thing i learned.. is a lot of the nicer bass.. have the lightest bites you will ever feel if you can even feel it. though not always. mainly because they are lazy ambushers.. and some don't like to move and just suck your bait in as you move it close to them.. making it almost impossible to feel till you go to reel it up and it feel like a big weed.. though on lighter set ups you can definitely feel those little suck ups a lot easier. the main thing for me with finesse is line watching, holding line, and lighter gear ect.. good luck.
    ps also this time of year at least where im at they are just beginning to spawn.. so you will also get bass just trying to move your bait away from their beds.. and a lot of times if you have bigger baits like a big senko on a small hook they might only get the back of the worm without the hook.. so if you feel that keep hitting that spot and you can score. all my fish over the past few days have been super light bites on weightless rigs on the drops.. one working it back.. and one big chaser when i was working it back fast that didn't commit... sadly
    i do get some planted trouts here and there at Castaic.. when im trying for bass after plants.. the bad thing is they aren't that hardy.. i am using only 6 lb line though so i cant just horse them in and trout fight pretty good. but half the ones i try to release will die.. so the one you eye hook if you release him and he survive that's props man.. i have caught a few largemouth with one eye.. luckily ive only hooked a bluegill in the eye so far.. but ya.. its just part of fishing.. the craziest video i seen though.. was a 4 lb largemouth missing its full lower jaw still swimming around and being caught and eating.. so i guess it just depends on how strong the fish is.
    Last edited by jdogg661420; 04-18-2020 at 09:00 PM.