Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Saturday Smallies at The Hagg 4/4/20

Default Saturday Smallies at The Hagg 4/4/20

Checked all the rules today. One or two lakes still open. Fishing still legal with ODFW.
    Grabbed my mask and some new baits... the dog gladly followed along... and off went to see how Hagg Lake has been doing.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image4.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	19.5 KB 
ID:	52581

Lots of people getting some fresh air. Group of four kids walked up near me and posted up and began to slay trouts on Panther Martins, Kastmasters and the likes.
    I told them to "Keep it up! I'm throwing a swimbait. Maybe it will piss off the bass and cause a strike!"
    The giggled and I inched a little closer to their spot, which was really my spot that they had invaded..

Threw the C-bait with a paddletail trailer for a while for no love. No smashing blade stops today.

Threw the good ol BBZ1 Slow Stink 8" hard knocker unmodified (brand new) with upgraded owner 2x strong 1/0 whooks. while smoking the hooka. No love. didn't try too hard, just testing the new swimmy reel. Spool might need different bearings or something... not sure whats up yet. but no gear failures.

Name:	image2.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	19.5 KB 
ID:	52580

I knew I wasn't gonna be there all day. Just a quickie before I dash off to the 'telly for the night!
    3 hours in busted the skunk with a Texas Rigged (there was no weeds and very little structure... I wish fishing this thing between a couple pebbles and blades of grass here and there in the sand) purple/brown/white with red flake 6" straight tail robo worm on a 3/0 worm hook with 1/4oz bullet weight and 10lbs test. The 'ol spiral wrapped snake skin rod and the new Curado 70 did the trick again and brought the fish home to daddy.

Name:	PepperSmalls.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	99.9 KB 
ID:	52579

Few other bites. Trout trying to shovel my robo down their throat.... too small.
    I was after bass and I got one. Air temp 45* feels like 39* windchill
    no idea water temp. Probably f'n cold.

picked up a Curado 150 DC 6.3 ratio for the chatterbait combo I'm working on as well. This should be niiiiiice.

Name:	G0010354.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	85.3 KB 
ID:	52582
    Last edited by tacklejunkie; 04-04-2020 at 07:03 PM.

Name:	image0.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	15.5 KB 
ID:	52583
    Couple new Z-man chatterbaits. You can't find the Booyah Boogie Baits anymore, which is a real real bummer. Those things were MONAY!

Name:	image5.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	14.7 KB 
ID:	52584
    trying to follow the rules

Name:	image6.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	7.5 KB 
ID:	52585

have my first St Croix rod also... BASS X medium heavy Fast... was my choice for the chatters. Fish throw those easily. Lets see if I can horse in some stout toads before they chuck my chatters. I'm chinking I'll throw some braid on this one. Let them hook themselves.

they're only letting one or two people at a time into Cabellas. I had to pass an exam of questions before walking in the door to get the combo.

They had all the reels locked away in a safe. They had to dig this thing out for me. He said there has been some looting around town already... and we haven't even got to the food shortage stage of the pandemic, yet. They're locking up all the merchandise and getting ready for the worst over here.

That's why I'm buying more fishing gear. Don't want to fight over food. I'll go catch mine in the forest with my pup.
    Last edited by tacklejunkie; 04-04-2020 at 07:09 PM.

Oddly enough..

Bumped into an old ex coworker today inside Cabellas while I was there spending money and was offered a job for when the pandemic ends. Guess it was a good idea I went in there to spend money. You gotta spend money to make money! Looks like I'll be back to making circuitry again sooner or later.

Now if I could just find a damn place to rent..

Name:	image3.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	15.0 KB 
ID:	52586
    "Just like old times back home!"

No,
    im not an idiot racist.
    the typos are accidental. I’m on a “smartphone” posting remotely from random wifi hotspots in the woods. Apologies to those who don’t know me in person. Love to all. Slay the baitfish. C&R the gamefish unless the world ends then we need to eat something.