Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Puddingstone Reservoir 4-3-2020

Default Puddingstone Reservoir 4-3-2020

So since school is out, I've been heading over to Frank G. Bonelli park to fish pretty much every afternoon this past week with some pretty good success (2-3 fish a day, but all 1-2 lbs). I walk along the dirt bike trail, finding little openings and clearings to fish from. Today, however, my dad decided to come with me and that means taking the boat. We launched the boat at around 3 pm, and started on the east side in very shallow water 3-6 ft where we caught two including a really nice female. We then switched gears and made a run to the west side, starting by the first dam closest to the marina and working our way through the first cove, picking up four more little guys before calling it a day. Water temp was about 67-69 degrees, warmer on the east as well as quite a bit murkier (maybe because the prevailing wind blew that way). The water on the west side was cooler and pretty clear, with a very light algae bloom happening. We talked to a regular there who complained about the amount of fishing pressure Puddingstone was getting due to all the other lakes being closed and how all the bedding bass were being heavily fished, resulting in them either scattering or a severe case of lockjaw. Either way, that's how it seemed as all the fish we caught were on extreme finesse setups (Weightless wacky rigged senkos in green pumpkin or watermelon) and flourocarbon leaders. We did mark a lot of big bass downscan on the south side where they bed, but couldn't get them to bite at all. No complaints however, as I'm just happy to be out there on the water, catching fish. Hope this information helps. Tight lines y'all!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1764 (1).jpg 
Views:	583 
Size:	94.8 KB 
ID:	52573   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1754 (1).jpg 
Views:	456 
Size:	108.2 KB 
ID:	52574   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1743 (1).jpg 
Views:	426 
Size:	87.6 KB 
ID:	52575   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1749 (1).jpg 
Views:	337 
Size:	89.4 KB 
ID:	52576   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1742.jpg 
Views:	359 
Size:	99.5 KB 
ID:	52577  

Quote Originally Posted by Striper15 View Post
    So since school is out, I've been heading over to Frank G. Bonelli park to fish pretty much every afternoon this past week with some pretty good success (2-3 fish a day, but all 1-2 lbs). I walk along the dirt bike trail, finding little openings and clearings to fish from. Today, however, my dad decided to come with me and that means taking the boat. We launched the boat at around 3 pm, and started on the east side in very shallow water 3-6 ft where we caught two including a really nice female. We then switched gears and made a run to the west side, starting by the first dam closest to the marina and working our way through the first cove, picking up four more little guys before calling it a day. Water temp was about 67-69 degrees, warmer on the east as well as quite a bit murkier (maybe because the prevailing wind blew that way). The water on the west side was cooler and pretty clear, with a very light algae bloom happening. We talked to a regular there who complained about the amount of fishing pressure Puddingstone was getting due to all the other lakes being closed and how all the bedding bass were being heavily fished, resulting in them either scattering or a severe case of lockjaw. Either way, that's how it seemed as all the fish we caught were on extreme finesse setups (Weightless wacky rigged senkos in green pumpkin or watermelon) and flourocarbon leaders. We did mark a lot of big bass downscan on the south side where they bed, but couldn't get them to bite at all. No complaints however, as I'm just happy to be out there on the water, catching fish. Hope this information helps. Tight lines y'all!
    Good report! Have you seen anyone catch a Crappie there lately?

Good report! Have you seen anyone catch a Crappie there lately?

I haven't seen or heard about anyone catching Crappie yet. Hopefully once the water warms a little more, they'll show up.

I haven't seen or heard about anyone catching Crappie yet. Hopefully once the water warms a little more, they'll show up.
    They were on a strange bite 2 months ago there! Usually April is the Crappie month but it's been quiet at a lot of lakes so far!

yes they are there now.